Sensor Tower is the leading, trusted solution for digital marketers, app developers, brand advertisers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the digital market economy.
Fulfill your Potential with Us
Sensor Tower has a successful startup environment, so engineers can take advantage of working on a variety of projects, owning major features that impact customers, building new things, and productionising the experimental code that has proven value.
We need engineers who have the creativity and skills to gather meaningful data and insights. In our lean and flat organisation, you will also have a meaningful say in what and how we build out all aspects of our product.
Unlike many startups, we have an eight-year track record of profitable, double-digit growth, so that financial stability allows engineers to focus on the interesting problems we’re solving rather than company viability. It also means we can invest in impactful ideas and quickly react to market changes.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, including design, implementation, quality testing, and release.
- Leverage your strengths and interests to work on full feature implementation from high-scale concurrent processes, to security and network traffic, to system development and services APIs.
- Develop and optimize high-performance data aggregation and analysis pipelines at scale.
- Gather test data, implement unit tests, develop integration tests, apply testing frameworks and evaluate end-to-end outcomes.
- Minimize errors and repetitive human effort with automation.
- Mentor other engineers, perform code reviews, and suggest improvements to tools and processes.
- Work in close cooperation with the Product team to deliver innovative solutions, optimize the existing systems, and add new features.
- Join a growing global engineering team and use your technical skills to drive value and impact business decisions.
Our Tech Stack
We have a principle-based approach to our tech stack. We choose tools and platforms that help engineers develop and test code quickly, and that we can support across the organisation over the life of the product. Time to market is critical for our customers in this digital economy.
- Ruby on Rails: Popular and proven to help engineers build production systems quickly.
- Python: Effective choice for engineers and data scientists to implement models quickly.
- MongoDB: Fast, scalable, and efficient NoSQL database solution.
- Go: Highly performant for high-throughput, low-latency services.
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design.
- Solid understanding of RESTful systems and the principles of good API design.
- Solid knowledge of one or more modern software languages (Go, Scala, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Python).
- Interest in working in Sensor Tower Tech Stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- System software development.
- Mobile app development.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
Nice to have experience
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Microservices, Big Data.
- Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD.
We are daily driven by our core values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
Consistent with our “Respectful” value, Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Why Join Sensor Tower?
We offer unique insights into the digital marketplace for mobile apps and app stores, consumer app usage, digital advertising, and brands with our recent acquisition of Pathmatics.
We serve small, independent and Fortune 1000 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, CPG, and broadcast entertainment markets. We offer our suite of products on free, small-medium-size business, and enterprise tiers to make it accessible to the broadest range of customers.
We are cited by the world’s leading news and finance media: The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 and Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021 by BuiltIn.
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
We offer unlimited vacation time, health and wellness stipends, flexible work hours, pension plan, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
We grant stock options to all of our employees because we recognise that everybody plays an integral role in our success—all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
Our COVID-19 specific benefits include:
- Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym
- WiFi stipend
- Daily UberEats delivery stipend
- Virtual team events