Bridge is a New York - Madrid social startup (listed as Forbes 30 Under 30 and Ashoka Fellows) that works closely with entrepreneurs, corporates, foundations, universities, and governments around the world to co-create innovation programs that fit their needs.
Can you imagine yourself working to help ensure that entrepreneurs from around the world can make their ideas a reality? Do you dream of working in a multicultural environment where you learn something new and exciting every day? Want to be driven by an overarching mission?
We’re an up-and-coming startup with a young and family-like work environment with continuous learning opportunities. We are looking for a people-oriented, hands-on, proactive and creative Media Relations and Communications Lead to join our creative marketing team.
Want to be our new Media Relations and Comms Lead? Keep on reading!
*Job Mission *
Get our message out there! Work hand in hand with the Marketing and Sales team to boost our brand awareness, visibility and exposure in and outside the entrepreneurship ecosystem. Ensure that the results of the sales team and the efforts of the marketing team don’t just stay within our scope of reach but support them in exponentiating the buzz around what’s up with Bridge for Billions. Be the one pushing the stories of thousands of entrepreneurs and mentors that join our community to the world so that everyone gets to know the amazing, daring and resilient people we work with everyday to democratize access to entrepreneurship globally.
Our core values:
We believe in full transparent relationships
We have an international mindset
We are a flat hierarchy organization
We value open and respectful feedbacks
We foster autonomy and risk-taking.
We seek continuous innovations.
We are resourceful.
Your Impact and Responsabilities
- Develop the corporate PR strategy along with the Marketing and Sales team.
- Managing the execution of strategic public relations activities in support of Bridge’s business.
- Build a strong database and excellent relationships with journalists, bloggers and influencers with both paid and earned activity.
- Create and update communication materials such as press releases, articles, media advisories, fact sheets, pitches, case studies, white papers, and media summaries.
- Identify opportunities for scale across markets within and share key learnings and success to coordinate local PR activities.
- Maintain a deep understanding of entrepreneurship industry trends and making appropriate recommendations regarding communications.
- Utilize a keen sense of what ‘makes’ a story for a wide variety of news organizations and a deep understanding of the elements needed to secure the interest of journalists in order to turn strategic priorities into successful communications campaigns.
- Display a high degree of comfort in pitching story ideas on complex topics and coordinating with news organizations to produce the best possible coverage.
- Serve as an organization spokesperson when necessary.
- Establish and maintain an outstanding brand presence for Bridge for Billions in Spain.
- Develop messaging that leverages credibility and unique perspective to tell our brands’ stories, generating awareness, and enhancing attachment.
- Coordinate all public relations activities and identify and establish relationships with media partners and publishers seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Continual analysis of internal user and external market data to understand user behaviour and provide data driven and intuition fuelled decision making.
- Work closely together with Content Lead, aligning content strategy across all marketing channels.
- Manage the draft/editing/production process of publication or any other form of external or internal communication.
- Lead local / regional media relations outreach (executive, business, product, etc.)
- Ensure all communication is cohesive with the brand image
- Track and analyze media coverage to inform future campaigns
- Measure PR program impacts using regular reporting
- Organize, schedule, and prepare key leaders for press interviews
- Plan and execute co-marketing initiatives with our marketing team
- Plan and execute campaigns with our sales team
- Map and contact niche publications from different countries.
For all Bridge team members:
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
- You take initiative, you’re results-driven and you show empathy in all your interactions with team members, entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners.
- Passion for your work and for lifelong learning.
- Resilience to overcome the challenges that we have to face.
- Able to multitask and prioritize own workload.
For this role in particular:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English (M.B.A. or Master's degree in a relevant field preferred)
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR (3+ years experience)
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson (comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews)
- Strong relationships with both local and national media outlets.
- Excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English (oral and writing)
- Several years of experience working with journalists or as a journalist.
- Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills to influence the influencers.
- Someone who's passionate about communicating and interacting with users: a good communicator.
- You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
- You love people and networking, you’re not intimidated to reach out to new people in the entrepreneurial space.
- Good writing skills, ability to have a friendly yet professional tone and to deliver information efficiently.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing public relations campaigns which promote strategic priorities.
- Comfort with working directly with journalists and senior leaders.
- Awareness of current trends within target market cultures and able to quickly translate them into content opportunities.
- Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- An international approach and preferably experience with a constant drive to learn about launching new markets.
- Critical thinker; strong executive presence; ability to hold a “seat at the table” alongside other areas of the business
What we offer:
• A role with great freedom to initiate your own ideas and build the visual identity and materials of a company.
• Compensation: 28-30K EUR
• An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision in a fast-growing startup.
• Work on something that matters, contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world.
• The chance to shape the company by taking on a key role from an early stage.
• We also love to grab lunch together and talk about what awesome weekends we’ve had! Only one rule: no shop talk at the lunch table! Long hours of work, but also of fun and beers (or sodas if beer’s not your thing) together!
• Flexible working hours and optional remote days.
• Flexible vacation policy as long as objectives are met.
• Team that cares about your wellbeing.
Start date: as soon as possible (September)
Contract type: Contractor with paid vacations.
Ready to join?
Please apply through angels list using this link: https://bit.ly/3jVu51a
Or, send email to [email protected] with your cv and why you want to be a part of Bridge for Billions