Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
With over 1,500 products, Specialty Polymers offers the widest range of high performance polymers in the world, allowing tailor-made solutions such as pushing the limits of metal replacement in the electronics, automotive, aircraft, and healthcare industries. The GBU has unparalleled expertise in three technologies: aromatic polymers, high barrier polymers, fluoropolymers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Optimize a process and design a line to perform highly specialized chemical treatment of polymeric films.
- In this role he/she will interact with internal and external stakeholders with the ultimate goal to design and commissioning a line for proprietary chemical treatment of polymeric films.
- Collaborate with the Engineering function in the development of the basic design and provide support to the detailed engineering phase.
- This activity requires close collaboration with Research and Development group, suppliers, Industrial functions and internal business partners.
- Conduct process optimization of the commissioned line, prepare technical documentation related to a new process, including SOP’s and SOC’s and evaluation of all safety aspects.
Education and Experience
A solid knowledge at University level of material processing and/or mechanical engineering. Previous experience in web handling and a strong enthusiasm in dealing with and solving complex problems coupled with a passion for the technical role. We can summarize the ideal profile must have:
- low tension roll to roll (web handling) experience
- mechanical engineering background
- project management
- suppliers' management
- process start up experience
- time management
- quality management systems knowledge
- knowledge of CAD/CAE
Self-motivation, determination and attitude to teamwork complement candidate’s profileFluent English
Geographical mobility is considered a plus. Availability of travelling minimum 30% of the time is required.