Currie & Brown is currently looking for a planner/scheduler to support the delivery of projects for one of our global pharmaceutical clients in Vienna, Austria. The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Working within a collaborative environment on a programme deploying lean methodologies, the programme scheduler is responsible for the development, maintenance, monitoring and control of work elements within the overall programme schedule (eg start-up plans, IT schedules, readiness plans). The role includes the preparation of plans and schedules, performance reports, analysis of supporting data, variance reporting and special studies. This position is expected to work with the programme scheduling manager and report to the project control lead at the site.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Providing input to the master schedule of the programme, particularly with regard to current state
- Contributing to weekly status dashboards in project Big Room and Fisher price schedules.
- Tracking resources and working with the cost manager to ensure accurate spend forecasting
- Supporting the program scheduling manager to ensure accurate integration of concurrent workstream schedules to support the overall program (eg C&Q schedule, IT, site readiness, etc)
- Supporting the monitoring of schedules using specific project work breakdown structures
- Facilitating interactive planning sessions to support sub-project(s) development as required
- Facilitating pull planning to develop phase plans (as needed)
- Actively participating in Last Planner® meetings as needed, facilitating work planning session for sub-projects, and updates of status reports accordingly
- Producing schedule updates and reports to team members as required
- Conducting daily walkdownsprogress verification
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- A minimum of six years’ experience in planning and scheduling in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of qualification, start-up and licensing strategy preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the Last Planner® system of production control is preferred
- Knowledge of Takt time planning methodologies also preferred
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project essential
- Experience with NetPoint, Acumen Fuse, and Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis preferred
- Knowledge of pull planning methodologies and software a plus (eg vPlanner, TouchPlan)
- Knowledge of cost estimating software systems, eg HardDollar a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Experience in a programming language (e.g VBA) beneficial
- Knowledge of industry-standard project control systems, with knowledge of SAP a plus
- German language skills (at a level adequate for communicating fluently with site contractors)
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Currie & Brown UK is also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.