As our PHP Tech Lead, you seamlessly switch between being a passionate coder and a leader who can scale up our development team and help take Scribbr to the next level.
We are constantly seeking ways to improve our services through technology. Our goal is to build a strong, efficient and fun development team that can get the job done, using the best, cutting-edge techniques.
Our tech stack: PHP 7.1, Symfony 3, Doctrine, Vagrant, Redis, Selenium, Scrutinizer, PHPStan, PHPUnit, Gitlab, Heineken, TDD, DDD and CI/CD.
- You will help develop one of the most effective and ambitious dev teams in Amsterdam!
- You will play a key role in determining the direction for Scribbr’s development team. After discussion with the development team and the co-founders, you have the final say.
- You will suggest improvements to processes, technologies and interfaces to enhance the team’s effectiveness.
- You are responsible for infrastructure stability, monitoring and recovery. If for some reason, we don’t have a TV with the right server stats, then you will help us get one ASAP 😉
- You will work closely with the product owner and business to ensure we work on issues that deliver business value and improve the codebase.
- You will be a leader in discussions, keeping them concise and effective.
- You will help mentor and lead the efforts of the team in addition to doing "heads-down" coding.
- It’s your job to make the development team’s output predictable.
- Your job also includes preventing technical debt and keeping the application future-proof.
- As a team leader, you’ll play a key role in hiring new developers to join our growing team.
What are we looking for?
- An experienced senior PHP developer with strong leadership skills.
- Experience with DDD and commitment to the SOLID principles.
- Experience with Symfony or similar frameworks.
- Experience with improving code and architecture. You know what to improve first, how and when.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are used to Dutch culture (or are Dutch).
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Eager to learn about the business. Having a business/entrepreneurial mindset is a big plus.
- Passion for understanding emerging technologies with pragmatic insight into where those technologies can be integrated into business solutions.
What do we offer?
- Complete autonomy. Do we need to refactor? Go for it!
- A role on the management team and room to grow into the role of CTO.
- A fun, ambitious, informal work environment that embraces the latest technologies
- 25 paid holidays!
- A generous tech budget to upgrade your gadget collection.
- And of course... Friday beers, BBQs, a Scribbr boat docked outside the office, smart and young colleagues, free lunch, etc. 😉
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: https://jobs.scribbr.com/php-tech-lead/en