Wizenoze aims to change the way people learn using the internet. We develop software that helps people discover information online that matches their interests and abilities. Using our tools, students and professionals have demonstrated improved learning outcomes. Come and join us to unlock the full potential of each and every learner.
Wizenoze is an award-winning startup in its scale-up phase. We develop software that enables students to find educational content online that matches their reading ability – raising their educational performance. We use the latest technology in natural language processing and machine learning to classify and adapt content in our search engines.
We are looking for a Controller/Management Accountant in our Accounts team based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
The Controller/Management Accountant is responsible for all accounting and financial matters of the business and must ensure compliance with standard rules and regulations. This is a parttime job for 16 hours/week.
We are an international team of educators, scientists, commercials, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We truly believe in only ‘hiring the best’. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our strategic office is in London with our HQ at the Herengracht in Amsterdam. The team members come from all over the world: South Africa, Nigeria, India, the UK, and The Netherlands. Our team is close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management.
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for all financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and numbers in the business plan.
- Acts to link/align the major business goals to profitability, growth, and cash flow.
- Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including monthly scorecard, analysis of financial data, statements, business reviews.
- Prepares payments, coordinates monthly salaries, manages sick leaves, and other operational tasks.
- Parttime assignment for 16 hours/week. Remote working possibility.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of accounting and finance issues in a Software-as-a-Service industry.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability & variance analysis.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem-solving skills which allows for data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
- Experience presenting to the highest levels of management with confidence and precision.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Work requires a mentality that fits a scale-up phase.
- Educated to an Honours degree level (university degree accounting).
- 5+ years of accounting background and experience.
- Measurable track record.
- High energy level; ability to work flexible hours.
We aim to create an environment in which every employee can thrive and unlock their full potential. You will have a great deal of autonomy and will be able to impact the lives of learners worldwide. The company culture is open and non-hierarchical; we value everyone’s input and opinion. At Wizenoze you will be working in an award-winning start-up. We have been awarded multiple times for our societal impact and our potential to disrupt.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, or religion. All you need is a passion for education and technology and a desire to impact the way people learn.
A well-thought-out cover letter explaining why you fit the above responsibilities and want to work for Wizenoze will put you at the top of the list. Please contact us at [email protected].