LG Chem Europe GmbH is part of the global chemical group LG Chem Ltd. The business areas are Advanced Materials, Life Science and Petrochemicals.
LG Chem Europe GmbH is the sales office for products of the aesthetic industry and technical plastics throughout Europe.
The corporate headquarters are in Seoul (South Korea) and more than 39,300 employees work for LG Chem worldwide. LG Chem is part of the LG Group with 70 corporate units and 250,000 employees worldwide.
We are looking for someone for our Office Eschborn to strengthen our team as quickly as possible due to our strong growth :
Open Innovation Manager (m / f / d)
1) Technology scouting
- you seek for potential partners (companies, institutes, start-ups, and venture capitals) for certain technologies
- you create evaluation reports about certain technologies
- you establish LG Chem's network through conferences or exhibitions to look up for potential partners and intelligences
- you are a connector between LG Chem and partners by organizing meetings, negotiating conditions for contracts, etc.
- you communicate with colleagues and customers as needed using remote / virtual tools for on / offline meetings between HQ and partners
- you provide verbal and written project status reports to the management
2) Analysis of technology intelligence
you actively follow new technologies, trends and market competitors and suggest new businesses / technologies on the basis of personal insight of certain field of technologies
3) Supporting on-going R&D projects in Korea
You provide benchmarking reports, support procedures for PoC (Proof of Concept) stage Covering area : mainly Germany, but research covers all European countries
- successfully completed studies or a comparable qualification in chemicals engineering or materials science for Battery; preferable if you have a M.Sc. or Ph.D. with a focus on battery relevant topics
- Related work experience is a plus, preferable if you are familiar with any kind of network around Battery relevant companies / institutes (Not a must have condition)
- Highly motivated person with a strong result-oriented work ethic
- a strong team player who thrives in a role that requires significant personal contributions and depends on the successful collaboration between German and Korea-based team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a minimum of supervision
- organize / host and / or participate in conference calls with the project team, often across multiple time zones
- excellent communication skills : verbal, written and in presentation
- Skilled in the use of PC and related software (Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word etc.)
- Fluent German and English language skills
- As a successful international company, we offer you a secure job with challenging, responsible and varied activity.
- You can expect a collegial working environment with appropriate scope for action and decision-making.
- The daily amenities in our modern office include not only an ergonomic workstation and new IT equipment.
- You will receive exciting personal and professional development opportunities and further training.
- We offer performance and success-based compensation, lunch allowance in the form of Sodexo vouchers, a travel allowance or a parking space in our underground garage (if available), as well as other benefits such as a company mobile phone, team events in summer and winter, a corporate benefit program and a group accident insurance.
- We have flexible working hours and our office is well connected for car, bus and S-Bahn.
If you would like to accept this interesting challenge and have the necessary qualifications, please apply with your complete application documents in English, stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date online.
Please refer to reference number YF13961814 for your application.
We look forward to you! Apply now
LG Chem Europe GmbH
DE- 65760 Eschborn