Mindler was founded in 2018, in Sweden, by two psychologists and a GP who noticed the urgent need for psychological therapies to be made more accessible and widely available across Europe. Since its creation, Mindler has grown from strength-to-strength and is now available in Sweden, the Netherlands and France. With over 250 licensed psychologists worldwide working at Mindler (and this number is growing daily), thousands of high quality digital therapy sessions are conducted each week through our application. Mindler is extending its services to the UK, with the desire to help as many people as possible and hire the best psychologists available to do this.
Our aim is an ambitious one - to be the best employer for psychologists in the world - and we believe that we can achieve this by creating a supportive and exciting work environment for the psychologists who choose to work with us. The work is very flexible and can be structured on your own terms, meaning that you can work when you want, where you want, and as much as you want. Some of our psychologists work full-time (6h/day), and others work part-time alongside their other commitments. Some work during the evenings, while others work during the day. How and when is up to you! Even though the work is done remotely (video call and chat using our app), we focus heavily on knowledge sharing and a community among our psychologists.
The results of our most recent Mindler psychologist survey showed that 100% of our employees would recommend Mindler as an employer to friends due to our ethos of freedom, flexibility and a true work/life balance.
We are looking for HCPC registered Clinical and Counselling Psychologists to deliver expert and quality online, remote CBT interventions to adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties. This is a chance for you to be part of something new and have a direct influence on the future of remote, online mental health care. As Mindler is a start-up company, there are opportunities for the people we hire to have a direct impact and influence in the organisation.
Clinically, we follow a CBT model. CBT sessions take place via our app by video, chat and our iCBT programmes. We call this a ‘blended model’, encouraging psychologists and their clients to use all therapeutic options to achieve their goals. Minder psychologists conduct CBT assessment, formulation, intervention and review of the intervention they provide. Our sessions are 25 minutes long as we have found this allows for focussed and efficient therapy to take place.
Mindler psychologists also conduct high quality risk assessments and implement any appropriate risk management strategies in line with Mindler guidelines and service provision. They are also responsible for the autonomous discharge of clients who have benefited from their Mindler intervention, who require alternative intervention from a different provider or do not require any psychological intervention.
In order to ensure the quality of the clinical service we offer, we ask that our psychologists attend regular clinical supervision with one of our supervisors, use peer supervision with other Mindler psychologists and remain in regular contact with the Lead Psychologist and/or Team Lead. All of this is done remotely. We have developed The Mindler Academy as a forum for ongoing talks and seminars from experts in the field, which is open to all Mindler psychologists to attend.
We aim to limit the amount of administrative tasks so psychologists can focus their energies and expertise on what they love - working directly with clients to help make a difference in their lives. Our psychologists are only asked to maintain their own clinical records and for these to be written up in a timely, appropriate and accurate manner in line with Mindler guidance. We directly hire our psychologists, which means we do not ask them to be self-employed. We believe hiring psychologists directly takes some of the pressure off and allows them to focus on their clinical work.
We ask our psychologists to follow Mindler guidance on confidentiality and communication with clients in line with GDPR and Information Governance. We have a whole additional team (our Customer Success Team) in place to support our psychologists with such questions and offer guidance when needed.
We ask all our psychologists to maintain high professional standards, work safely, ethically and autonomously within professional guidelines and the Mindler ethos and code of conduct. We recognise that therapeutic work can have an understandable emotional impact on psychologists so therefore provide a safe and open environment where they can seek support from their colleagues, Lead Psychologist and/or Team Lead.
We ask for an appreciation that Mindler is a start-up (new) company, meaning there may be changes to protocol and ways of working as the company develops within the UK.
- Hold doctoral-level qualification in either counselling or clinical psychology
- HCPC registration and maintenance of this (HCPC registration number should be provided in application)
- Have a valid DBS check
- Be fluent in English and confident in delivering therapies in English
- Have at least one year experience working in the UK mental health system, ideally the NHS
- Have at least one year experience in CBT
- Have at least one year working with adults (over 18 years old) experiencing mental health difficulties, ideally in primary care
- Have well developed skills in oral and written communication, and the ability to communicate sensitive, emotive information appropriately and respectfully
- Experience with risk assessment and management
- Ability and willingness to work autonomously
- Ability to make good use of clinical supervision and peer supervision
- Competencies in working with difference
- Ability and willingness to reflect on your own ethnicity, race, sexuality, gender, class, educational level and (dis)ability status, and how this may impact on your approach to clinical work and professional life
- Commitment to meaningful service-user involvement
- Be committed to ongoing professional development and engaging in CPD
- Commitment to Mindler’s ethos and Code of Conduct
- Acknowledge potential emotional impact of clinical work and seek support appropriately if necessary
- Have registration with the BABCP
- Have an interest in involvement in the wider Mindler service and engaging in the Mindler Community
We look forward to hearing from you!