Office Manager (m/f/d)
We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are a small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
Reporting to Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Office Manager is responsible for the smooth running of our office on a day-to-day basis. Duties will involve greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls, purchasing office supplies and taking proper inventory, supervising our office staff to ensure maximum productivity, and creating presentations and producing management-level reports. In the future, as Tribe grows as a company, the Office Manager may manage a team of administrative or support staff.
The Office Manager will:
- Greet visitors, answer incoming phone calls and deliver world-class service to our customers.
- oversee general office operation
- Coordinate appointments and meetings and manage staff calendars and schedules.
- Organise company events, conferences or meet-ups
- Supervise, mentor, train, and coach our office and administrative staff and delegate assignments to ensure maximum productivity
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations
- Purchase office supplies and equipment and maintain proper stock levels
- Manage office budgets
- Produce reports, compose correspondence, deal with complaints and queries, and draft new contracts
- Deal with correspondence, complaints and queries
- Create presentations and other management-level reports
- Liaise with staff, suppliers and clients
- Implement and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Organise induction programmes for new employees
- Ensure that health and safety policies are up to date
- Use a range of software packages
- Attend meetings with senior management
- Assist the organisation's HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and so on.
Additionally, the Office Manager will be responsible for leading additional initiatives at the discretion of the Management. Initiatives will likely span across company culture and work environment improvements; however, support may be occasionally required outside of these topics and will be at the discretion of Management.
The Office Manager is expected to have:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in office administration
- Office management experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For the Office Manager, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the COO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the COO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
- Competitive salary
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership