MySQL Database Administrator
With a constantly growing player base and platform, our MySQL databases are at the very core of our product, and need continuous monitoring, tuning, updating, and performance enhancements to keep our platform snappy and our response times low. We are currently looking for a driven, team-focused database ninja with experience managing and administrating MySQL clusters to join our DevOps team.
As a DBA at Casumo you will
- Focus on continuous monitoring, proactive management and design of database architecture to deliver efficient, reliable, high availability services across a variety of providers, on-premise, virtualized, bare metal and AWS
- Maintain, and write automation and tooling to support the large system infrastructures, using data to drive decisions.
- Lead, as well as assist in the design, implementation, commissioning, tuning, maintenance, and enhancement of our systems in a fast paced customer facing production environment.
- Work in the DevOps team providing support for all the systems in our development, test, staging and production environments.
- Constantly monitor performance and trends, both server side and client side, to understand performance baselines, establish performance benchmarks, and assist in tuning the server, as well as optimise the requests from the microservices.
Who are you
- You have experience in designing and managing highly available database architectures at large scale with high (and constantly growing) transaction rates.
- You’re an expert in MySQL Database Administration, including InnoDB, MyIsam, Percona Toolkit, XtraBackup and supporting tooling
- You speak SQL as well as English and are capable of optimising (or help optimising) clients to perform better
- You possess deep knowledge of database principles, best practices, and endorse a proactive mindset to constantly improve
- You’re a person who can design and operate of highly available and highly performing data layers
- You’re proficient in bash, python, erl or other scripting language. You are familiar with automation, orchestration and configuration management tooling such as Saltstack and Ansible.
Casumo is a recognized and award-winning online casino formed in 2012. We’re a bunch of nerdy game enthusiasts who believe that the right people, tools and technology drive innovation and have the potential to disrupt entire industries. With our passion for games we’re on a mission to create a better reality for the many people through play and we’re always looking for like-minded to join our adventure.
We’re a flat organization which means we stay away from unnecessary titles and corporate gibberish. We believe in hiring great people and get out of their way, and that’s where you come in. Being different is good, and our mantra “You’re weird, I like you”, helps us keeping things fresh, original and playful. Our work style is characterized by transparency, humbleness, speed and an entrepreneurial culture, with autonomous, cross-functional teams working closely together towards a clear vision. We never stop playing and we never stop learning. Together, we’re writing the future of gaming. Are you ready for a new adventure?
Perks and benefits @ Casumo
Dreamy office locations
Enjoy sun, beautiful surroundings and a welcoming culture
Great health and medical plans
If something happens to you, we’ve got your back
Legendary company trips
We work, twerk and celebrate our goals together with a bang
Weekly office activities
Join the board games club, relax with yoga, play football or just grab a cheeky Friday beer in our bar.
Trust & Flexibility
Work in a flat structure with inspiring colleagues and lots of room to learn and grow
Work with like-minded masterminds and the latest tech on building amazing things