We are a young, Zurich based startup company in the founding process and are looking for a driven and motivated iOS/ Android developer to complete our team of core partners. Together with a second developer, you will be involved from the initial evaluation of application ideas through our innovation framework to storyboarding, developing and testing our applications. You will also be involved in the strategy definition of the startup’s future activities and development of further capabilities.
The responsibility of the position includes the following:
• Evaluate ideas through our innovation framework
• Gather requirements around the functionality to design compelling user interfaces and experiences
• Translate requirements into elegant functional solutions, while coding in a structured and paradigm compliant way
• Testing of code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
• Discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency on a continuous basis
The ideal candidate has the following attributes and skills:
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
• Working experience in Swift iOS development (Android a big plus - otherwise it will need to be picked up) or very good knowledge of object oriented programming languages
• Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
• Solid understanding of the full application development life cycle
• Critical thinking with the ability to demystify complex technical requirements, clearly communicate challenges and solve problems
• Ability and openness to learn new things, incl. business concepts, and further develop skills
• Willingness to participate in partner equity funding an advantage
What we will offer:
• Ability to contribute and influence the own mobile app startup as part of the partner team
• Possibility to participate with an equity stake in a dynamic and ambitious startup
• Team consisting of Uni Zurich and HSG alumni with profound strategy consulting and operational excellence expertise
• Entrepreneurial and dynamic working environment
• Opportunity to grow from the hands-on developer into the position of the company’s CTO and to lead the future team of developers
As a mobile application development startup, we aim to take mobile app development to a next level of efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining the creative, interesting and fun aspects of development work. The well-filled pipeline of already two dozen promising ideas we want to constantly grow in team gatherings while leveraging our self-developed innovation framework to continually select the most promising ideas as the next project to be realized.
Curious, interested and ready to join us on our journey? Then we are looking forward to you contacting us.
Thomas Roth & Dominik Ouschan