Stratajet is the world’s first real-time private jet booking platform, changing the way people travel. With Stratajet, it’s easy to search, compare and book a private jet straight from your desktop or smartphone. We believe in making private aviation faster, simpler and accessible to more people. Founded in 2011, Stratajet has since grown to a company of 40 employees headquartered in London.
We are on the lookout for a talented Software Engineer to join our vibrant, dynamic and collaborative team based in our amazing offices in Farringdon, London. You will be part of a small, cohesive team responsible for delivering the core functionality of our real time, private flight booking experience. The role is primary backend but in such a dynamic environment you will have the opportunity to participate in all stages and layers of the application.
We are a close-knit bunch of technologists who are passionate about changing the way people fly. Working in the aviation industry poses some unique challenges beyond typical web development and we pride ourselves in using the appropriate technology for the job, leading to a tech stack that includes primarily Ruby on Rails and Angular but also Swift, .NET, Go and AWS, with a continuous deployment infrastructure and a focus on automated testing. We’re excited about testing Clojure and/or Elixir in the coming months for new services.
Our diverse and international team allows us to bring different perspectives to the technical and business problems we face, enabling us to constantly improve our platform and product offering.
But… we also know how to blow off steam with regular socials, ping-pong tournaments, game nights and an inquisitive desire to find the Ballmer Peak!
What you will be doing (most of the time)
Work collaboratively with developers, product and other stakeholders to deliver simple, high quality solutions to our customer’s problems, while helping each other to develop. This includes:
- Participate in requirements gathering and design/architecture discussions
- Build new features and extend existing ones (Ruby on Rails, MySQL, AWS, etc)
- Review code and provide constructive feedback for other developers
- Help to shape our processes and practices through regular retrospectives
- Continuously improve your skill set by taking on new challenges and setting personal goals
- Software engineering principles and how/when to best apply them
- Ruby on Rails and surrounding ecosystem
- Web application development best practices
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Agile practices including TDD and pair programming
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
Stratajet is disrupting an entire industry's business model, and you’ll be part of defining the future of the platform. You will be in a position to drive change and have a substantial impact.
- Unlimited holidays
- Support in attending relevant meetups and conferences.
- Personal project time to learn a new language or build something you’re passionate about from scratch and share with the rest of the team.
- Company social events, away days, and drinks every Friday in our office bar!
- Be part of a close knit, supportive and collaborative engineering team
At Stratajet we’re committed to creating a working environment where anyone and everyone can succeed. We believe in the continuous growth of our employees and provide the necessary support to ensure each person is able to do their job to the best of their abilities.