At sharoo we are fundamentally changing the way in which people use their cars. sharoo is Switzerland’s greatest car sharing platform that allows private individuals and companies to easily and safely share their vehicles with others. sharoo is firmly located at the interface of two megatrends: Collaborative Economy and Mobility of the Future. We are a joint venture enterprise involving Migros/m-way, Mobiliar insurances, Amag and Mobility Carsharing.
Are you keen to become a member of our dynamic and innovative team? Are you open to new concepts and ready to join sharoo in making a groundbreaking contribution to reshaping the mobility landscape? If so, then we’d like to meet you.
We are seeking to appoint immediately or as soon as possible, a
Mid-Level Ruby on Rails Developer
to complement our team in the heart of Zurich (Remote is an option, but you have to be in the same timezone!).
You enjoy new challenges and never lose sight of the overall picture in hectic situations. You work using the agile SCRUM process. Ideally, you already have start-up experience. You are comfortable with assuming responsibility and are not afraid to make mistakes. You will work directly with the developers and product owner to continue building up our awesome product.
- On-going development of the Ruby on Rails web application
- Innovation/ contributing to shaping new functionalities/ optimization
- Collaboration with external resources
- Proven professional experience in software development using Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience in the sectors of software architecture/ systems planning and systems security
- Proven professional experience with the SCRUM process
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and dedication
- English is your working language; knowledge of German beneficial
Moreover, you have experience with the following technologies and tools
- RESTful APIs and web services
- Ajax and JSON
- Relational databases and SQL
- MVC, Stateless Services, SOLID principles
- TDD, Unit Testing and continuous integration
- Version Control, in particular Git
- UNIX/Linux/OSX experience
Experience with React, Node.js and Docker ecosystem will be considered a plus.
Here are some of the benefits of working at sharoo:
- Free coffee, tea, soda, energy drinks and some of the finest water you can drink
- No set office hours - we care about the work being done, not the hours you’ve spent doing it!
- Home-office friendly
- Dog-friendly office, because who doesn’t like puppies?
- Lower rates for car bookings (if you need a sweet ride to impress your date)
- Amazing conditions for Migros Cumulus (double your points!), bank accounts, petrol stations, insurances, etc. through our partners
- Regular team events - we work hard and play hard
…and much, much more!
Important: For now, we can only take candidates with a valid working and residence permit in Switzerland into account.
Are you ready to join our team in conquering the car sharing market? Then send your complete application and code-samples to: [email protected]