Logistics and Transportation Manager Published: December 14, 2021
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Our growth plan in 2021 includes the strengthening of the service in the US as well as a strong acceleration of the service adoption by our merchants in Europe. We are looking for someone to join the Logistics team as procurement and performance manager to lead the onboarding of new partners and monitor their performances.
Your mission (if you accept):
- Manage the onboarding roadmap of new logistics partners (carriers, TMS, tracking aggregators, fulfilment centres...)
- Identify new prospects for Europe and the US
- Prioritise top partners depending on BM’s needs and priorities
- Own the onboarding and negotiation process with new logistics partners from a contractual and tech perspective
- Manage the daily performance of our shipping and fulfilment partners (delivery on time, tracking accuracy rate, % of loss and damage...)
- Manage relationships and renegotiations with partners
You are in the right place if:
- 2-5 years experience in procurement, transportation and/or logistics
- Experience in ecommerce/Start-up
- Knowledge of eCommerce processes and tools will be a strong advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Fluent French is a plus
- Capacity to work with transversal teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic knowledge in data visualization & SQL
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Phone call with Lucie, our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists
- Case Study
- Interview with the Head of Logistics
- Interview with Raoul, our COO
- Interview with Thibaud, our CEO
Why should you join us?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work-life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.