Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The Junior Test Development Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation and smooth running of hardware and software systems used to test and validate new and developing satellite systems. Applicants with strong interests in electronics who see it as a hobby will be especially welcomed.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Architect, design and implementation of hardware and software solutions for automated test, validation and qualification
- Plan and implement test strategies for electronic subsystems during development
- Creation and execution of tests on demand from analysis, requirements and existing procedures
- Generation of testing documentation
- To provide production support for test solution
- To provide design feedback according to testing results
Skills, attitude and experience
- Strong hand-on skills
- Hardware and software development
- Experience with embedded systems
- Knowledge of Python, LabVIEW or other test automation techniques & tools
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Experience with analog circuits and practical knowledge in analogue and mixed signal measurement techniques
- Experience of design and implementation of automated test systems
- Experience creating tests for a wide range of electronic and electromechanical devices
- Experience in RF characterisation and measurement techniques
- Experience with qualifications including CE and FCC
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Linux shell scripting
- Altium Designer