Position at Ingram Micro Cloud
CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs and relationships with the biggest players in the cloud industry.
CloudBlue is the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform, and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. With a pulse on IoT, security, XaaS, IaaS technologies, and more, we invite visionaries to make an impact on this fast-growing industry. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling and monetizing services.
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $55 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
How do you stand out?
By having knowledge of SaaS and PaaS and previous experience in eCommerce management, by thriving in a “startup-like” environment and being excited about the impact you will make. Our office is in the North of Spain and has an agile, young and talented environment, with a solid career plan in one of the top cloud companies all over the world.
We’re in search of an Operations Engineer who can seamlessly combine technical knowledge with business requirements to help us fulfill all our customers’ cloud Platform needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support, planning and everything in between. As Operations Engineer you are expected to have expertise in building highly available cloud solutions and services, with a strong inclination towards security and automation. A successful candidate will collaborate with various departments to design and develop brand new as well as maintain existing Cloud Platforms of our customers.
- Identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions for our customers’ Cloud Platforms
- Plan and deliver infrastructure changes by creating, implementing and supporting highly scalable cloud solutions
- Configure and deploy cloud services using automation and orchestration techniques
- Maintain platform security by following established security and data protection procedures
- Configure and maintain backup, monitoring, and alerting systems for multiple customers
- Lead and develop best practices for the rest of the cloud team
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of Linux operating systems
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Ability to follow change management process and security procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong teamwork abilities
- Demonstrated strong written communication and speaking skills
- Fluent in English written/verbal communication
Must have skills:
- Experience working with, configuring and troubleshooting, Linux systems Redhat or Debian
- Scripting skills – python, bash, shell
- WebServers & Databases – Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL or IIS & MS SQL
- Experience working with backup and monitoring tools such as Azure monitor, Azure recovery vault, Zabbix, and Prometheus
- Understanding of network routing, switching and load balancing technologies
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in a dynamic technical infrastructure.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation
Nice to have:
- Cloud / Networking / Linux certifications
- Knowledge of CloudBlue Commerce platform (big plus)
- Experience with reviewing and implementing security best practices in compliance with industry regulations (PCI-DSS, HIPPA, EU Data Privacy laws, etc)
- Odin, LPI/RedHat, Microsoft certifications