Internship – R&D Engineer and Project Leader Automation
Established in 1872, Pirelli is among the world’s leading tyre producers. It is the only pure consumer tyre company that includes car, motorbike, and bicycle tyres as well as associated services.
Pirelli has a distinct positioning in high value tyres, characterised by an advanced technology with more than 2,700 homologations obtained, thanks to partnerships with the most prestigious car manufacturers in the world. In order to achieve the highest levels of performance, safety and containment of environmental impact, Pirelli has always been strongly committed to research and development, in which it invested 6.1% of revenue from high-value products in 2019.
Involved in motorsport since 1907, Pirelli has been the exclusive official tyre partner of the Formula 1™ World Championship since 2011 and has just renewed the agreement until 2023.
The candidate will join the Pirelli’s Research and Development Technology area as a R&D Engineer and Project Leader for automation of tyre production plants / lines. In particular, he/she will have the opportunity to participate to the following activities:
- Definining and managing the Specifications to request / order the machinery automation part from the market in coordination with central and local departments and suppliers
- Designining of automation of tyre production for the tire industry, including the management of external technical offices, specialists and external companies needed to perform this activity, focused on prototype lines and/or modifications and up-grade of a tyre production line
- Technical scouting related to new automation technology
- Documentation management and validation to ensure the correct safety, process compliance, maintainability and reproducibility of the new machine developed
- Technical support to the factories for Automation related issues
- Bringining the best practices in quality and efficiency to support the production machinery manufacturing and installation by conceptualizing, designing and troubleshooting electrical control systems
- Taking part in testing and start-up, co-operating with the responsible for installation, set-up and production ramp-up in the different Pirelli facilities worldwide.
- Master Degree in Automation Engineering degree or similar
- Knowledge in PC programming – i.e. C++ and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of sensors, servo controls, robotics, industrial networks, data collection and related applications
- Project Management
- Interest in innovation and willingness to challenging targets
- Availability to travel in Italy and abroad
- English fluency