Apolitical is the award-winning learning network for government. Our mission is to help governments solve the world’s hardest challenges. Our platform is used by thousands of policymakers in 170+ countries.
We are looking for someone who is excited about creating learning experiences, especially online, that can help policymakers to be more knowledgeable, motivated and impactful. You'll get to design learning on some of the most interesting topics in the world - from regulating digital platforms and gender equality to leadership and collaboration - for people with the ability to really effect change.
What you need:
- 2-3 years experience working on instructional design in an online context - you should have demonstrated that you can get your head around new topics quickly to build the right curriculum and design engaging experiences that people love
- Experience working with all kinds of media: written articles, as well as interactive exercises, video and audio content - you should be interested in getting your hands dirty with both existing and novel formats
- Experience with a data-driven approach to instructional design, using both qualitative and quantitative data to optimize content efficacy
- Experience with user research, drawing on a UX toolkit to make sure we're getting it right for our users. Excels in conducting user interviews and drawing valuable insight from conversations with users and stakeholders on how to optimise the learning experience
- You’ll be keen to share your knowledge with other team members, working on shaping Apolitical’s current and future learning offering with our in-house content team and external partners
- You'll understand how to make learning social, be excited to work with our Engagement team on building the community around the content, especially through emails and chat platforms
- You are energised by working with world-class subject matter experts to develop cutting-edge content, resources, and courses
- Great communication skills - this role sits in our interdisciplinary Product team but will work closely with every function in the company, from partnerships to design to growth
What you might have:
- A formal background in education, either through study (eg an education Masters/PhD) or through work (eg as a teacher)
- A background in content design or content marketing
- Experience working in tech start ups
- Experience working in, or designing learning for, government
- Experience producing educational or marketing video content
To apply please send your application to email@example.com. Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- CV (no more than 2 pages)
- Covering letter (ideally with a link to your portfolio of work, though this is optional)
- Task, via Google Docs: Imagine that Apolitical wants to develop a short course for policymakers on opening data. Describe, step-by-step, your curriculum planning process.