Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products. The company is operating in three main sectors, has more than 265 operating companies in over 60 countries and employs some 130.
000 people around the world. In Germany the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies represents the business areas Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health.
We in Strategic Solutions envision a world where technology and healthcare work as a seamless system to prevent, treat, manage, and even cure disease.
This system is fully integrated in our lives like Google Maps or Alexa today. Digital Health market includes digital therapeutics, health and wellness and diagnostics and sensors.
Digital therapeutics is defined as a technology that delivers evidence-based therapeutic interventions driven by high quality software programs to prevent, manage, or treat a medical disorder or disease.
They're used independently or together with medications, devices, or other therapies to optimize patient care and health outcomes.
Digital therapeutics will empower patients, healthcare providers, and payers with intelligent and accessible tools. So, digitalization can help transform healthcare delivery through clinically proven digital platforms that enable access to millions of patients globally, particularly in underserved markets.
Strategic Solutions will look for leveraging existing capabilities and find the capabilities they lack. As a company, we will succeed by combining our strength in neuroscience and therapeutic development, our deep understanding of treating people over their lifetime, and our ability to commercialize a therapy with a partner who excels at capabilities we lack.
As of Strategic Solutions' Surgical Excellence group, the Surgical Process Institute (SPI) offers Digital health technologies that empowers surgical teams to address variability in their ORs and to enhance their performance, by synchronizing workflows and accessing real-time insights.
Combining synchronized workflows, real-life learning and real-time insights, SPI supports surgical teams to continuously learn, communicate and collaborate, empowering them to adopt and reproduce surgical processes, to deliver consistent quality of care and efficiency in their OR.
In the Platform Experience (PX) team, we enable our product development teams to deliver world-class, production-grade healthcare products in an agile process with automated CI / CD pipelines for on-premises and cloud-based platform deployments.
PX provides and further develops the cross-functional infrastructure services of the SPI software platform, integrates them with the product applications and releases the final product, the SPI Platform.
On behalf of SPI and the Platform Experience (PX) team, we are looking for an Infrastructure Cloud Engineer (m / f / d) Digital Health Technologies in full-time or part-time (80%).
Location: Germany, Austria or Switzerland
About the role
- Develop, maintain, and operate software platforms for the distributed, service-oriented web-based applications of SPI's ecosystem, customer and non-customer facing, for on-premises virtual environments and cloud-based
- Take on a hands-on role in the entire product development lifecycle: help to define, design, and deliver world-class, production-grade healthcare products
- Contribute actively to a healthy and collaborative team culture, which collectively drives the products, makes quick decisions, and owns the products end-to-end
- Stay abreast of developments in CI / CD technologies, virtual infrastructures, container architectures, service orchestration and software build automation.
- Travel of approx. 10-15% to visit our German SPI office site or key customers within EMEA Qualifikationen
- You have engineered application infrastructures hands-on and delivered them in a startup culture or a corporate culture using different technology stacks and deployment architectures (min. 2+ years' experience)
- You know what it takes to build robust software with a DevOps mindset
- You are familiar with CI / CD pipelines
- You are experienced in container technology and Linux system administration
- You've already first experience managing cloud infrastructures and cloud deployments
- You're a true fan of the agile mindset and enjoy learning faster by early feedback
- You preferably earned a BSC or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering or Medical Technology
- You know, how to create and maintain software build pipelines
- You are familiar with Linux system administration and Linux shell script programming
- You are good at managing cloud infrastructures (preferably on AWS EC2)
- You know, how to compose Docker container architectures
- You have a highly analytical attitude and metrics-driven mindset
- You communicate precisely and tailored to the audience: tech and non-tech teams
- You're good at creating a culture of continuous improvement
- You're highly self-directed and self-organized for focus
- Your passion is inspiring and motivating beyond your teammates
- You are fluent in spoken and written English, any other language is a plus
The promotion and development of our employees are key values of our corporate culture.
People who want to develop their potential in an international company and grow with their tasks will find the best conditions with us.
In addition to intensive initial training and needs-oriented continuing education, excellent development opportunities - both nationally and internationally - as well as attractive remuneration and above-average social benefits are important elements for our employees.
Furthermore, our Group is characterized by measures to promote young talent and careers in harmony with family and career.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day.
Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo. We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Germany are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential.
No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means "You Belong"! Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.