We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
Tribe is looking to hire a Head of Product to help us deliver the best experience in the world and lead our talented product team. The Head of Product will be responsible for defining product vision and product strategy, leading product design, and ensuring the successful delivery commercial success of Tribe’s proposition. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working with other executives in the organisation, the Head of Product will oversee every element of the product from its conceptualisation to its launch and post-launch performance.
In this role, you will be working alongside a set of highly talented and genuinely passionate individuals. We don't expect you to line-manage others. Instead, we expect you to champion best-practice product design and management, and to be a thought partner to other team members who will learn from your direction and experiences. We’d love to have someone who really cares about their craft, people who challenge each other’s thinking in the name of better outcomes and people that are proactive, self-starting and collaborative.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Product include:
- Defining and maintaining Tribe’s product vision and roadmap
- Leading the product team to design and deliver the best experience in the world, including providing thought partnership and challenge
- Leading the product evolution lifecycle, from ideas in their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business
- Creating and managing the product development process that drives toward a scalable product portfolio
- Executing our product roadmap including prioritising our backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Drive sprint planning sessions by leading the selection of user stories for development and prioritising story delivery
- Optimising the value of the work the Development Team performs
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next
- Highlighting risks to delivery due to lack of resources or scope creep
- Working with Technology (Engineering and QA) to define user stories describing required functionality, ideally using Behavioral Driven Design methods and capturing these in the project management tool of your choice
- Working with Marketing to identify and define Tribe’s target consumer segments and markets
- Working with Marketing to evaluate market trends and competition strategies
- Defining business methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design conceptualisation, prototyping, and product development across the entire product management department.
- Assisting the CEO/COO in fundraising ventures when required
You will join a fast-paced rising deep tech startup. As such, it’s important you know a bit about our environment and culture. We are:
- An early stage deep tech project in cognitive computing space
- A small, high-profile tech-first team
- A no-nonsense, open-minded, and radically candid culture
- Using open peer debate and searching for best ideas as core approach to decision making
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For the Head of Product, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CEO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CEO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
We expect this individual to fulfil the following criteria:
- 7+ years’ experience in a high-ranking Product Management positions within technology institutions
- Proven hands-on app development experience within a successful, modern, fast-moving digital company and a significant number of users
- Comfort working closely with engineers and see the full circle of architecture, UX and business model and how it all comes together to create winning outcomes for all
- Practical experience of working within an Agile Software development methodology
- Experience with Behavioral Driven Development for refining requirements and backlog
- Diverse experience in the fields of product marketing, management, and communications with experience resolving daily internal and external problems and challenges in product management positions that affect a product’s financial and market success.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity.
- Strong ability to define and analyze numerous product metrics, ability to think strategically and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product for opportunities.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, project management, and business development
- Demonstrable interpersonal and public speaking skills
- High aptitude in decision-making
- Flexibility; we’re a young start-up and you’ll be designing lots of fun things.
- Keenness to roll your sleeves up, get involved, and help us build a successful company and attractive culture
- Competitive salary
- Possible allocation of company options
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership