YAS.life unterstützt Krankenkassen und Unternehmen mit digitalen Lösungen in der Gesundheitsprävention. Kern ist die YAS-App, die den B2B-Partnern als White Label-Lösung zur Verfügung gestellt wird. Die YAS-App motiviert die Nutzer mit verschiedenen Gamification-Elementen zu einem gesundheitsbewussten und aktiven Lebensstil. Mit Hilfe eines Fitness-Trackers oder einer Fitness-App können z.B. sportliche Erfolge mit der YAS-App synchronisiert und in attraktive Prämien verwandelt werden. Weitere Gesundheitsthemen sind in Vorbereitung. Damit positioniert sich YAS.life im Lifestyle Bereich des Digital Health Marktes.
Unser Team verbindet ein lautes YAS zu einem aktiveren und gesünderen Lebensstil, zu dem wir auch unsere User täglich animieren. Deswegen suchen wir motivierte und talentierte Kollegen, die uns dabei unterstützen, unsere Vision voranzutreiben.
DEIN TAG BEINHALTET FOLGENDE AUFGABEN
This is a strategic role in our company. Your mission is to build a fast, efficient and effective engineering team to enable YAS.life to achieve its ambition to become a leading solution provider to the insurances and help millions of users live an active life.
Therefore, you either come from a full-stack background or you have experience as a DevOps. You have previous experience in leading high-performing development teams in a dynamic environment (Startup or similar setting in a corporation). You also previously released a consumer product to the market.
Key tasks and responsibilities include
- Be the mastermind of our IT-architecture and IT-infrastructure and continually think about how to design scalable products and architectures acc. to our growth strategy
- Advise product owners and stakeholders on technical feasibility of their ideas
- Prepare IT-related proposals for the CEO and other decsion makers as well as for our clients
- Be part of and interact with the senior management team and business analysts
- Selecting and designing efficient technical solutions that are aligned with strategic business objectives and giving initial estimations for feature implementations
- Hands-on support where needed, ranging from helping the team to meet release dates, resolve bugs, investigate live issues
- Designing and guiding the implementation to ensure timely delivery of features
- Improving code quality by reviewing pull requests
- Leading and expanding our international tech team of currently 7+ developers (on-site and remote) in cooperation with our HR&Recruiting department
- Interviewing and selecting developers, both in-house and freelancers
DEINE STÄRKEN UND QUALIFIKATIONEN
- Proven track-record of building scalable mobile applications with a background in full-stack engineering or DevOps
- 7+ years experience in software development with various languages combined with a passion for high-quality code
- Experience with OOP in PHP, SQL, Git, Unit/Functional/Acceptance Testing, TDD, Docker, AWS, Continuous Integration, RESTful Web Services, OOP Principles [SOLID, DRY, KISS, Design Patterns]
- Experience in architecting new features or infrastructure setups and breaking down the tasks for the team to implementation
- Proven experience in building and managing tech teams (on-site and remote) of 5+ developers and willing to improve your own skills
- Strong ability to gather and understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements as well as communicating to stakeholders
- Knowledge in agile development methods, especially Kanban and Jira project management
- Analytic mindset with high motivation and a reliable independent work style
- Very good English skills. German language skills are a plus
Familiarity with any of these is a plus
- Symfony Framework
- Multitenant applications
- Contributions to open source projects
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art data security mechanisms experiences with designing and implementing secure back-ends that comply with data privacy regulations and GDPR
- Familiarity with the eHealth industry and fitness and sports
WAS WIR DIR BIETEN
- You will be an integral part of these challenging upcoming projects: new white label-apps that support the insurance industry and provide new digital use cases for thousands of insured persons that use our apps, transition our backend to a microservices architecture that allows us to scale our multi-tenant setup in a maintainable way, improve older parts of the applications’ source code
- This is a permanent leading position within our Engineering team in Berlin.
- We offer you the unique opportunity of shaping, building and developing a digital health startup in its growth phase and to achieve operational excellence.
- We are a company with a purpose: you have an impact on our users' wellbeing, by building a product which helps them to stay active and healthy.
- A healthy and open-minded culture. We get sporty twice a week: practicing Yoga on our roof terrace and joining our running group is a great way to show how active you can be.
- Challenges and room for personal and professional development in a flat hierarchy.
- Being part of an awesome international team in Berlin-Mitte. At this moment we embrace 10 different nationalities!
ARE YOU INTERESTED? Please visit our website https://yas.life/jobs/ and send us your application.