About the Role:
We are looking for a highly technical Head of Engineering with strong people management and leadership skills to help us to establish our company as a world leader in spatial information capture and processing. Our diverse technology areas include 3D graphics, rendering, automation, machine learning for image and volumetric data sets, VR and 3D presentation and analytics/data processing.
The Head of Engineering will work with the company’s Founders to define tech strategy and growth to achieve long-term objectives in the product, innovation, and company culture. We want you to establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development. We expect you to ensure the effective delivery of software solutions to the agreed time and budget.
Furthermore, this role will be responsible for defining the strategy on which components of the ecosystem need to be sourced externally versus which should be built in-house. You will take the lead in auditing our technology platforms and create plans for each to direct the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
But it isn’t all technical, we also expect people management to be a key part of your job by providing leadership to the engineering function including KPIs and 1:1 mentorship. On the research side, you will support research into next-generation technologies to support strategic goals, alongside thought leadership, innovation and partnership building with relevant academic institutions and government bodies. No hardware experience is necessary but we will look to you to advise and lead on research into new technical developments in products such as lidar, optics and sensors.
• Comfortable communicating and taking responsibility for all engineering decisions and projects whilst managing stakeholders at C Suite level
• Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes work towards our commercial goals
• Deep experience in bringing innovative new products to the market from scratch, ideally working with R&D teams and intrapreneurship in greenfield areas or start-up and growth level companies
• 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing the technical strategy to efficiently achieve business goals and attract top talent
• 5+ years in engineering management with a focus on developing and growing the engineering team and leaders
• Able to work with a broad range of technical areas and leverage skill-sets within and across teams
• Worked closely with Product leaders and Design leaders to build products with a balance of user experience and cost