Start: April 2019
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 80 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Line manage and motivate a team (3 people) of fundraising managers and donor relation officers across different fundraising functions and geographical locations.
- Continuously develop and implement fundraising strategy in close collaboration with Kiron’s Chief Partnership Officer by combining diversified fundraising tactics and approaches to meet a fundraising target.
- Build trust, coordinate, and manage a portfolio of donors, ranging from trusts and
foundations, over individual funders to governmental organizations.
- Develop communications strategy to engage with individual and organizational donors.
- Design efficient and effective outreach activities to nurture the relationship with Kiron’s
- Effective external representation at international and EU-level conferences and summits in
the area of social innovation, refugee causes, and digitalization of higher education.
- Guarantee the effective and efficient cooperation of various Kiron teams, generating input and providing feedback
Your set of skills
- You have at least a Master’s degree in business administration or a relevant field
- You are business proficient in English (at least C1, CEFR level), German is a plus (B1)
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in Fundraising, Partnerships and Key Account Management, Communication, ideally in a leadership role
- You are able to capture complex thoughts and subjects in a concise and understandable text
- You have a broad network of funders and contacts, ideally both within the funding sector as well as with governmental institutions
- You have the ability to work independently and conscientiously
- Opportunity to lead and shape the Donor Relations team with your initiative and creative input.
- A competitive salary in the social sector
- The atmosphere of an innovative social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte and a generous vacation (30 days) and Home Office policy
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “HDR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, up until 16.02.2019 to Rohit Kakar.