At Bikemap, we provide community-generated cycling maps & navigation services on a global scale. Our mission is developing top-notch software, which is valuable to millions of users, who use bicycles as their means of transportation. Providing cutting edge features for our global community is what drives us towards our vision of becoming ‘the’ app for cyclists worldwide. Join our passionate team to be part of the ride.
As our Head of Core Development, you would:
- Establish, lead and scale a development team tasked with providing core backend services to internal and external clients
- Foster a culture of engineering excellence by adhering to modern engineering practices, working with open source technologies and embracing collaboration and efficiency
- Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for the team (i.e.: hiring, feedback, evaluation, etc)
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure technology solutions align with established standards and best practices as well as ensure dependencies and risks are addressed
- Coordinate product and technical decisions with senior management and communicate with external parties as necessary
As our Head of Core Development, you bring:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience and a proven track record of excellent leadership
- Extensive knowledge about Python, Django, PostgreSQL and experience in developing web applications as well as RESTful API design
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Well versed in CI/CD practices and extensive experience with DevOps
- Basic knowledge of pytest, AWS, GeoDjango, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, Django REST framework, Redis and nginx
- An eye for perfection, tenacity when it comes to hard problems, a positive can-do attitude and the soft-skills to manage multiple team members
Here’s why it is worth to join our team:
- We’re offering you a challenge to scale Bikemap’s team into the leading app development team in Europe over the next years. If you meet uncertainty with grit & proactiveness and run best on a steep learning curve, then apply for this job.
- Each member of our dynamic team brings in new ideas and can influence the growth of our company. We’re committed to try out new things and to keep on learning. Our team spirit drives our motivation for constant progress.
- Very nice office location in the beautiful 1st district, regular after-works, coffee of the highest quality and a safe spot to park your bike.
- We offer a minimum salary of €70k / year (38,5h/week; according to the collective agreement) with the possibility to negotiate an overpay based on your qualification and experience.
Hooked? Well, then tell us more about you and your dev stories! Dazzle us with your CV, showcases, portfolio or whatever you’d like us to see. Please send everything to [email protected].
We’re excited to hear from you!