Guardian of the Galaxy
By galaxy we mean London, and by guardian we mean you. So if you’re not based in London, shoo.
We are the information security division of a prestigious organisation, protecting its global intellectual property.
Currently this does not involve blasting from planet to planet. You will travel domestically but not via space cruisers. And while we expect you to engage with stakeholders, this does not, currently, include dancing trees or wisecracking raccoons.
However, you will :-
• report directly to the IT Director.
• identify cyber risk, build a mitigating strategy and work with IT to address said risk.
• be the point of contact for local information security.
• conduct security operations and review internal policies.
• run the local data loss prevention programme.
• ensure requirements in our industry sector are well understood and implemented.
• liaise with local regulators and senior management.
• deliver education and awareness to employees.
• collaborate with the firm’s technology, internal audit and operational risk stakeholders.
• keep management updated on information security issues.
• work with operations and engineering teams to test advanced security solutions.
You will need :-
• experience in information security.
• experience as an enforcement verifier; handling alert management, escalation and response.
• experience in security assessment and/or audit.
• a solid IT background (degree holder preferred).
• to explain technical risks in a business context.
• self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure.
• excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
We would like :-
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, ComTIA Security+ or equivalent certification.
• demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
• the ability to effectively interact with IT staff at multiple global sites.
We are offering up to GBP 75,000 + excellent benefits.
Please send your CV with a covering email explaining why you’re ideal for this role. ( “I Am Groot” is not sufficient.)