The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on building great products that change the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the role
We're looking for an enthusiastic engineer with the skills and ability to turn great ideas into reality. You should have an in-depth understanding of current web technologies and front-end development but be passionate about creating a great user experience. Your input will help us grow and maintain our React front-end and PHP integration layer. You'll be responsible for improving how our users interact with our site.
Join a team that encourages you to explore, learn, and go beyond, while seeing your work lead to actionable results. Put your creative problem-solving and development skills into action and make a positive impact on science and society.
- Seamlessly integrate our front-end with our back-end world using GraphQL and PHP
- Constantly improve our front-end infrastructure
- Support UX Engineers to deliver reusable components to simplify and fasten engineering work
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Relevant experience developing end-to-end web applications
- Experience in optimizing front-end performance and user interfaces
- Experience implementing responsive or adaptive designs
- Knowledge of relational and document-based databases is a plus
- You take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- You focus on building a great product rather than on the tooling
- You excel at designing and creating coherent, user-centric interfaces that display complex information
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You'll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users - 15+ million researchers worldwide.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so you can quickly find the role that suits you best and start making an impact.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.