Full Stack Software Engineer II, Fintech
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A / B tests.
We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take.
The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We’re a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform whenever and however it’s convenient for them.
Our brand new FinTech business unit with teams in Amsterdam and Shanghai develops new products and drives innovation to help us continue removing financial friction from the travel process.
That makes buying and selling travel-related products and services simpler for both travellers and partners.
We are looking for developers that are passionate about technical quality and building a great user experience.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Full Stack Software Engineer II, you are responsible for developing world-class, complete web applications end to end, for monitoring and addressing performance and security, and for developing customer-focused and scalable user experiences.
You will work side-by-side with designers, product owners, copywriters and other developers to create new features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users.
You will :
- Deliver web applications from an idea inception and validation to a scalable solution.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact, and A / B test them.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies.
What You'll Bring
Understanding the full stack of web development, from transmission of data segments between networks to presenting a strategized experience to users is vitally important in this role.
We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate discussions, are solutions-oriented, customer focused and believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We are looking for :
- Experience working on products that impact a large user base or in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Experience with data-driven product development : analytics, A / B testing, etc.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, can-do attitude, ability to see the bigger picture.
- Quick delivery of end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products.
- Experience debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
In return we'll provide
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
We offer what we call the Booking Deal with other competitive perks and benefits. We have tech talks, training, and support you attending and speaking at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
We successfully relocate hundreds of IT professionals and their families to Amsterdam every year. Join us!
Pre- Employment Screening :
- If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law.
- Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.
- This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.