Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated FullStack Engineers to help build the best user experience for our brand new product. You will collaborate with team members with a wide range of expertise, including frontend engineers, UX experts, data analysts, and a PO.
We are working with a modern stack: our servers run on Node.js on AWS (ECS), and the client is built with ES2016, React 16 and Redux, Babel, and Webpack, served to our users via a CDN (AWS CloudFront). We employ unit, snapshot, and end-to-end testing where it adds value, and use Flow and ESLint aggressively to keep our code base in good shape, even with multiple A/B tests running simultaneously. We work in a flexible, results-oriented team structure, focussed on shipping value in a collaborative fashion, with just the right amount of bureaucracy.
What you will be doing
- Work with your team to build a multi-device hotel marketplace product. Besides your own specialisation, you will be involved in shaping all key aspects of the product.
- Build and/or integrate smoothly both internal and 3rd party APIs, keeping performance your top priority
- Provide support when facing scalability challenges at both application and infrastructure level, as we continuously grow our user base
- Relentlessly improve the end-user’s experience and validate your work via A/B testing with real users
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers sit down with the Product Owner, UX analyst, and a Data Scientist to discuss the trajectory of an on-going A/B test. After lunch, you decide to optimize one of the deployment pipelines to make it simpler for your teammates to test their changes in dedicated test environments in the cloud. At the end of the day, you research how to improve the error tracking integration and propose a change that will make the setup more configurable.
You will be working with co-engineers Jop, Vladimir, and Vinicius (Frontend), as well as Fernando (Backend). Caio (UX) and Katia (UX / Product Analyst) will help you shape the product to our users' needs, and Saad (DevOps) will help you make sure the website stays up and running, scaling up as our audience grows. Our Product Owner Lee will prioritize the roadmap and together will make sure we deliver high-quality software to our users.
People we love
- You have at least 4 years experience in end-to-end web development, with a stronger focus on backend and infrastructure
- You have a strong passion for both building and shipping products that work smoothly
- You can identify the right balance between technical excellence and good-enough to ship: you know when good-enough won’t scale any further and you will push for a longer term solution
- You are flexible, curious, and data-guided in helping us decide what to work on
- You have solid experience with server-side development (ideally Node.js)
- You have production experience with Docker and AWS
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins and Terraform is a plus
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- We are on a mission to change a trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on improving by benefiting the traveler.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity
- We offer a competitive compensation package + perks and benefits
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment
- We value food, and offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches)