Verifik8 is a new compliance service which monitors and verifies environmental and social performance of smallholder farmers in Southeast Asia to increase transparency in the supply chain.
The intern will be responsible for the development and the improvement of the Verifik8 platform.
He/she will be under the direct supervision of the Verifik8 Chief Technical Officer (CTO). He/she will also receive technical support from the Verifik8 Senior Java Developer (who developed initially the platform) and will liaise with the current Verifik8 technical partners in charge of parts of the development (Dashboard, mobile application etc..).
The final goal is to upgrade the current Verifik8 application with the new data domains and to start embedding innovative approaches to certification with the blockchain.
The IT developer is based in Bangkok.
1. VerifiK8 Platform development:
- Improvement of the current application:
o Improvement of automatic deployment procedures using a multitenant platform: compare the VM option to the Docker one and implement the selected solution;
o Strict data access and sharing policies will be implemented in the system to ensure data security and integrity (policies will be discussed with the Fairagora team);
- New developments
o Design the UI/UX according to selected metrics by the Fairagora team during the business analysis;
o A first mobile application is being developed by a technical partner. The IT developer will supervise the development, understand the technology to be ready to take over the development if needed;
o Identify the most suitable validation rules solution (with admin interface to create rules) to implement VerifiK8 advanced validation process: it will encompass collected data validation and crosschecking (with simple rules or more complex algorithms in R) and data comparison / crosschecking with external sources of data (connected objects, big data);
o Analyze and implement for selected data collection process.
o Study the blockchain implementation in Verifik8 for the farm profile creation: authenticate farm creation and update in the blockchain. Review existing solutions / related cost, provide a recommendation and make a pilot implementation.
2. Support the Fairagora projects not related to Verifik8
Coordinate the development of others IT solutions tools that support the implementation of private and/or international standards such as GMP, HACCP system and Organic certification schemes in agro-food companies.
The envisaged IT solutions are based on a web-based or mobile application with a series of forms and a connection to remote sensors for real-time data collection and better farm and process management.
- Support the digitalization of documentations needed for those standards (procedures, working instructions, forms, quality manual) in a web platform focusing on improved user experience;
- Follow-up with potential customers and attendance to regular meetings to develop innovative and adapted quality management digitalized tools.
Contribute to Fairagora study of sustainability implementation in the agricultural sector in Thailand:
- Provide technical and IT inputs to proposals drafting in sugar cane/rice/seafood initiatives for Southeast Asia countries;
• University degree in a field related to computer science or IT development and other related areas.
• Knowledge of Java, Spring, JPA;
• Knowledge of technical environment: Maven, eclipse and git. Knowledge of Linux, network management and NGinx (reverse proxy);
• Knowledge of Thyme Leaf and blockchain are an asset;
• Experience leading, developing, and managing data collection and processing systems (including data validation, comparison and crosschecking) is an asset;
Organizational / communication skills
• Curiosity, creativity, independence in work organization, personal initiative and strong interest to work in a team start-up environment;
• Strong interest in sustainable tech innovations;
• Interest in working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, (Government, NGO’s, Donors, Civil Society),
• Excellent English communication skills (oral and written);
• Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to adapt and develop strong relationships at all levels.
• Local language of Verifik8 pilot countries is an asset (Thai, Vietnamese, Bahasa, and Filipino).
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the type of tasks that are anticipated proactively from Fairagora management. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Date: September 2018 to February 2019
Duration: 6 months/ Full-time
Salary: A stipend will be provided, TBD depending on candidate's experience.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand