Utility Warehouse is an award-winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: we help people get on with their lives and offer permanent peace of mind.
Make your application after reading the following skill and qualification requirements for this position.
We're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years, an FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue.
In two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant though:
* For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind.
One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again
* We don't sell directly to customers
- we have 45,000 partners around the country who can run their own business selling our products, getting the word out, and adding the human touch About the role: There is currently a product manager, 6 software engineers and a number of vacancies within the Customer Product team.
Looking ahead we expect this area to grow beyond a single team so this is a great opportunity to get in early.
And for our people, we offer clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions:
* We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy
* We've never believed in ivory tower leadership.
Our leadership team are hands-on and roll up their sleeves when needed to mentor and support
* We encourage experimenting, don't appreciate egos, and believe in debate, collaboration and learning
* We care about how we deliver and who we work with, we enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and know that if it was easy it wouldn't be fun
* We know we're onto something
- we were the Which? 'Utilities Brand of the Year' in 2020
- but we're only just getting started...
Customer Product: The Challenge:
* We want to create a seamless end-to-end customer experience that fulfills our ambition to bring all household bills together into one place and make it super simple
* We're investing a lot in data and tooling.
We want to build on that and increase our understanding of customers and their behavior, so we can focus on the right improvements in the right areas
* UW represents a lot of different products and services.
We need to make sure we're bringing all these together and creating a seamless, consistent, and engaging customer experience Responsibilities:
* You will be creating experiences for a range of users, taking complex challenges, and creating simple, best in class UX and design
* You will take ownership of the customer experience and will communicate your ideas through customer journey mapping, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
You will validate ideas and executions through customer testing
* Working very closely with product managers, software engineers, and key stakeholders across the business, as part of a cross-functional product team that is defining, shaping, and delivering live solutions for our customers.
* Collaborating with marketing and driving innovation, connecting the dots to ensure that the brand lives up to its promise, is human-centered, and expressed coherently through multiple touchpoints
* Designing experiences that benefit our customers and help them manage their UW services in a way that meets their needs and allows them to get on with their lives.
* Establishing a rapid and iterative design process that involves the whole team
* Helping clarify the outcomes we're trying to achieve
* Introducing ways for your team to regularly interact with customers and get fast feedback About you:
* Have a passion for understanding real people's real problems, and developing ideas and solutions based on real insight
* Recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to validate them
* Have a toolbox of methods and techniques for visualizing problems, user journeys, and interactions, as well as for developing and testing solutions
* Are an empathetic team player, especially when you're communicating research findings, explaining the rationale behind a design , or challenging ways of working
* Are outcome not delivery-focused and seek out the information you need to be so
* Are experienced working in a cross-functional agile environment or startup
* Obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
* Know your strengths, and recognize there's always more to learn
* Are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for
* Competitive Salary and stock options in a growing FTSE250 business
* Beautiful modern, open-plan office with pairing/ standing desks for everybody and floor to ceiling windows offering views over London
* Subsidised Canteen for all your meat, vegetarian and vegan needs!
* Contributory pension that gets better with time, starting at 4% over time you can get up to 10%⏱
* Flexible working, we've got fully remote teams, onsite, early risers and late-night grinders, for us, it matters what we're working on more than where.