Who we are
Based in London and New York, WIREWAX is the creative technology company powering over 90% of the world’s interactive video content. We have helped over 750 brands such as Disney, Ted Baker, and Dulux explore new horizons in terms of audience engagement and interaction, and make their video content work harder.
Our SaaS Studio platform has almost 30,000 global users who use it to add interactive functionality like hotspots, content overlays, and video branching to their videos. One of the most immediate use case for our tech is shoppable video for brands in e-commerce, but its applications reach much farther than that, taking in interactive TV / film and DAM / metadata tools.
We’re a very ambitious outfit: our mission is to make video as truly connected as everything else on the internet, and it’s a mission which is opening up exciting new possibilities for everyone who works at WIREWAX.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented Front End Developer with an unparalleled appetite to push the boundaries and the desire to create exceptional interactive video experiences for an exciting and innovative technology business at a time of unprecedented fast growth.
You will be working with our cross-functional product development team consisting of backend and frontend engineers as well as our design and UX/UI team to develop the next generation platform for Digital Asset Management and Interactive Video creation tools.
What you will do as our Front End Developer (React)
- Developing new user-facing features for our SaaS product using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Try out the product - www.wirewax.app and see what you will be working on
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Responsive design
- Experience using LESS or SASS
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or Bitbucket
Bonus skills & experience
- Experience with Back-end technologies like NodeJS, Express, MongoDB
- Experience with animations and transitions in React using CSS3
- Experience with React testing frameworks such as Jest or Enzyme
- Knowledge of and experience working with HTML5 video and other media elements
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.