This client is a software development company based in Malta having a flat-structured multicultural environment, with talented colleagues locally in Malta, as well as in other European countries. Even though having a start-up feel, the company has long-standing business with European/Northern clients that operate in various sectors such as credit management, finance, and healthcare.
This company is looking for developers with a keen eye for design for the position of front-end developer. In this role, you will ensure the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
You are required to work in teams alongside back-end developers, product owner and possibly designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Determine the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensure user experience determines design choices.
- Develop features to enhance the user experience.
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensure web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Build reusable code for future use.
- Optimize web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilize a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar front-end position
- At least two years experience with Vue.js and/or React
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Bonus points for having experience with or knowledge of:
- Proficiency with Photoshop/IllustratorCSS
- Extension Languages (e.g. LESS, SASS).
- Managing a team of front-end developers
- Webhooks, platform integrations, APIsGitAgile methodologies
- Remote work
- High-end central office
- Allocated parking slot
- Health Insurance
- Salary competitive - based on experience