Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 8+ million users have planted over 60 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
Currently, we are looking for a freelance recruiter with mid- to senior level experience in hiring, primarily for technology roles. The position is on a continuous basis, starting as soon as possible, at 20+ hours per week for the next few months. Some presence in the office is required for team alignments.
Do you want to become part of an inspiring team and help shape its growth and future through the amazing people you bring on board?
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting our dedicated team by taking care of the recruitment activities for hiring in engineering, designer and product teams, as well as the communications and marketing team when needed
- Active sourcing through utilising all available channels to find the best talent who is also moved by our mission
- Managing expectations and leading the communication with the team and candidates while delivering the best experience for all
- Reviewing applications and conducting screening calls
- Being the point of contact for all candidates throughout the recruitment process
What you bring:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience: hiring for technology roles
- Previously worked in an in-house role or supported teams as an interim recruiter
- Basic knowledge of common technologies and understanding of the development environment
- Fantastic communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required)
- Respect and passion for our core values
What we offer:
- Being a part of a highly skilled team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunity to contribute to a meaningful challenge and have a global positive impact
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours and location (two no-meeting days per week)
- Weekly breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, and organic apples, we have plenty of both.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. The data that you provide will be visible to the hiring teams only. It will be deleted within a month after a position has been filled. Here is a link to our privacy statement: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy. Please reach out to [email protected] for further requests.