The role is a first-time appointment. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the finance function and providing key operational and finance support to the partners. Key responsibilities will include:
- establishing robust finance, risk management and operational procedures;
- financial control of the business, including expense and liquidity management;
- overseeing the budgeting process and preparation of management information;
- structuring of the firm's funds for regulatory and tax purposes;
- oversight and co-ordination of the fund reporting, control and administration;
- co-ordination of the annual audit process;
- ensuring the firm meets its external reporting obligations on a timely and accurate basis; and
- leading on operational matters such as those relating to HR, IT, property etc.
It's an excellent opportunity to join a well-capitalised start-up, and there is clear potential for the role to evolve over time. Once a strong working relationship with the founders has been established, the right candidate could also add value to the firm's structuring, execution, marketing & fundraising activities and other areas to the extent they are able to.
The appointee will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and could have the following backgrounds:
- Hedge Fund: Financial Controller, Fund Controller or Senior Fund Accountant
- Private Equity: Financial Controoler, Fund Controller or Senior Fund Accountant
- Investment Banking: Equities Product Control experience