Interested in creating long-term financial security for millions of people? Read more! BCG Digital Ventures is supporting our startup partner in building out a tool that directly addresses finance-management anxiety for everyday consumers. The product enables users to create savings from their household bills and then redirect them into a longer-term solution for retirement.
The startup’s visionary offering is a native mobile-first experience, enabling users to invest their overspend into pension solutions. The product intersects a customer-centric design approach and cutting-edge technologies (iOS/Swift, Java/Spring Boot, AWS) to deliver maximal value for the customer. We are now looking to bring together a cross-disciplinary team of Product, Technology, Business Strategy and Operations professionals to help scale the product and venture. As such, we are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to help shape commercial strategy, drive Investor Relations, and manage internal financial controlling.
You will join a founding team with a significant track record in entrepreneurship and a bold vision to create a world without old-age poverty. If you are interested, read below!
In this role you will:
- Investor relations: Create and communicate compelling content related to the product and venture
- Craft relevant presentation and pitching materials to support in fundraising rounds and investor presentations
- Leverage strong knowledge of unit economics to shape discussions around business model, commercial strategy and monetization topics
- Define, benchmark and implement accounting policies and operational best practices
- Have oversight of financial controlling, providing accurate and timely consolidated financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Deliver insights into drivers of growth, costs, user metrics, and market trends. Identify risks and opportunities with actionable recommendations
- Provide management oversight and direction for the company’s Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Procurement and Tax activities
What you will need to bring to the role:
- Excellent analytical abilities and business acumen
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis along with data interpretation of business impact and results
- Good understanding of CAC, user metrics, and market trends, ideally gained within a B2C context
- Proficiency with presentations for investors and/or investor relations
- Experience in a previous startup is strongly preferred
- Experience with an early-stage startup and/or an exit is a bonus
- An accountancy qualification is preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of startup financing
- Proficiency in German language
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.