Are you interested in joining a young team, have a global role in a flexible environment while working in an impact driven organisation?
WHO WE ARE
Seedstars is a global organization with a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
ABOUT THE JOB
Your main responsibility will be to manage finance & accounting across different ventures and across the group. You will be responsible to deploy finance and accounting operations for new ventures, coordinate financial operations and advise
the management by providing accurate financial information and insights.
YOUR KEY OBJECTIVES WILL BE TO :
- Ensure accurate accounts are provided on time for management to steer business
- Provide tools and processes to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of errors in bookkeeping/closing
- Setup checks & balances to allow cost control by management
- Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the accounting, financial, legal and tax operations
- Setup (and/or improve) financial reporting and accounting processes and operations for existing and new venturesSupervise and coordinate:
- Supervise and coordinate:
- monthly, quarterly & yearly closings
- daily bookkeeping routines and processes (incl. payments and AR/AP management)
- monthly payroll execution
- quarterly budget cycles (with monthly adjustments)
- expenditure policy application (including cost-control checks / internal audit) filing (to ensure smooth external audit)
- Implement operational best practices and improve processes with tech
- Manage and prepare consolidated financial statements
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience (ideally Big Four)
- Worked for a fast growing startup
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Strong belief in getting things done and being autonomous and independent
WHY OUR TEAM MEMBERS LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team.
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to
their work when and how they want