We like to sum up what we’re about in 8 words :
Women. Transgender. Nonbinary. Education. Technology. Community. Diversity. Change.
As an international tech school for women, trans and nonbinary (women+), we exist to provide the safe space, training, and resources needed to support, and equip our students with the skills they need to thrive in the tech industry.
We also support businesses, NGOs, and governments like Bumble, the EuFMD at FAO, and Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya to bridge technical talent development with their diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
People seem to be digging our mission : We’ve got support from Spain’s largest impact VC, 23 pretty amazing business angels, a growing global community of students and graduates, and the Bardigang (bucket list goal).
About the role
25-hours / week, paid internship
Here’s your opportunity to gain experience working directly with the Head of Finance at an international, mission-driven startup within the ed-tech industry.
As CodeOp’s first Finance Associate your primary focus will be maintaining CodeOp’s financial health, ensuring that resources are used efficiently.
This role will require a solid understanding of Accounting and HR procedures and principals as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to make contribute to our overall processes.
We expect this role to become a permanent role following the completion of the internship.
- Record daily transactions and ensure they are posted correctly.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct suppliers, client and general ledger.
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Provide support during the preparation of the Financial Statements.
- Perform analyses and reports as required.
- Answer questions from the team, customers or suppliers as needed.
- Collect information to prepare monthly payroll.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal fit for this role will :
- Have at least 6 months of experience working in a similar role.
- Advanced MS Excel / Google Sheets skills.
- Have excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Have an astute attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Understand, believe in, and be able to be an advocate for our mission and values across stakeholders.
- Embrace a growth mindset : challenges are opportunities to develop our mission.
- Embrace humanity : amongst colleagues and within our community. One of our values is that we don’t do dickheadery.
Nice to haves but not a blocker :
Knowledge about HR procedures.
€7.500-€9.000 gross / year, including :
- Flexible schedule, hybrid work environment
- 38 days of holiday