We transform how industries and communities generate value from data by enabling successful data ecosystems.
The cornerstone of our solutions is to make data accessible, useable, and useful, by exploiting open standards together.
While many industries and communities benefit from our approach and product, we focus on building the European Green Data space. Our vision is to provide the data infrastructure that enables Europe to achieve a sustainable, climate neutral industry and society.
Towards this goal, we already support more than 700 organisations in implementing the INSPIRE standards, a set of specifications for the delivery of spatial, environmental and statistical data.
In this role, you will work with the Product Development and Operations team to help scale the platform further and to implement new, user friendly solutions. You analyse where issues currently are and develop creative and robust solutions to take us to the level.
Join us – wherever you are based – and be a cornerstone of the team!
We support exceptional applicants from outside the EU.
- Help scale and optimize cloud workloads through work on the deployment configurations, monitoring, performance enhancements and more
- Contribute to back-end component development, such as Data Space compliant APIs
- Contribute to systems monitoring and incident resolution
What should you bring?
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science in Media, Business Informatics or a related field
- Three to ten years exceptional track record across the activities described above
- Very good operational knowledge of implementing scalable workloads on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Very good knowledge of Containers and related frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Very good knowledge of backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Go)
- Proactive, motivated, and reliable personality
- Analytic and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent (C1+) in German and/or English
- Bonus: Extra languages
- Bonus: Geospatial/GIS or ETL/Integration domain knowledge
- Bonus: Experience in a startup environment
- Professional growth in an innovative, smart and friendly team
- Health Care Benefits such as Gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Positive remote work culture (Up to 95% remote work possible)
- Central, state-of-the art office in downtown Darmstadt
- Foreseen base salary range is 55k€ to 70k€, based on experience, fit and location (as location impacts ancillary wage costs)
- Equity Share via Employee Stock Option Programme (0.4 to 0.8%)
- Annual bonuses
wetransform gmbh is a Fraunhofer Spin-Off based in Darmstadt, Germany. We are a group of experienced software engineers and innovation managers who worked in data harmonisation for more than 6 years. We are developing easy to use, cutting-edge, scalable, robust and accessible data transformation solutions, with a focus on geospatial information. Through our work, methods for data processing become shareable assets developed together.
We value personal responsibility, open feedback, creativity, trust, professional development and work with a strong sense of fairness.