You’re interested to join a little but growing international media & events company in Barcelona?
Menlo Media S.L. is the company behind EU-Startups.com (the leading online publication focusing on startups in Europe), and organizer of the annual EU-Startups Summit.
To further grow our media & events brand, we’re looking for a proactive, smart and hardworking Head of Content & Communications.
The actual/concrete job title could still be discussed, but your main tasks would be to help us with content creation for EU-Startups.com, as well as communications, organisation and sponsorship sales for the next editions of the EU-Startups Summit.
Since you’d be the 3rd full-time team member, we’re rather looking for a generalist instead of a specialist. Eventually, this entry role could lead you to become our future Editor-in-Chief, or our future Marketing & Social Media Director – depending on our strengths, plans and dreams.
Preferably you have the following skills/experience:
- You’re capable of and interested in creating kick-ass content
- You’re a native English speaker, or you’ll at least have very good English skills. Spanish, German, or French would be a plus.
- Facebook Advertising / Event Marketing (preferably with hands-on experience from other tech/startup conferences like Web Summit, TOA, 4YFN, etc.)
- Experience with Advertising & Sponsorship sales (Media or Events)
- You’re familiar with basic startup & tech terminology
- You have basic or advanced knowledge regarding WordPress, SEO, Eventbrite, Pipedrive, MS office, Google docs,…
- You’re excited about startups, Europe’s future and tech!
Also, you should be based in Barcelona or be willing to relocate!
Please be aware, that we’re looking for a long-term engagement and we’re therefore looking for someone who’d like join our small but growing team for many years to come.
The start date would be November 1 or December 1. We’re looking forward to your application. Please also mention your desired salary!