While it might seem a little farther away right now, we're preparing for when we will be ready to travel again.
Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. To achieve this mission we are opening up new career opportunities to help us shape the future of travel.
We believe that our human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure.
The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Team overview & Reporting lines
The scope of the Accommodation Tech team touches all the products that relate to Accommodations, from the platform to the end-user and everything in between.
This is the largest and fastest growing business unit at Booking.com and you will have a chance to help one of the largest travel websites in the world!
Your application will allow us to consider you across multiple expanding teams within Accommodations Tech touching one or more of the following :
- Customer Experience (Java, Perl, K8S, Cloud, Vue.js, React.js)
- Partner Platform (Java, Perl, K8S, Cloud)
- Mobile App (Objective-C, Swift)
- Tech Foundations (Java, Node.js)
- Web Platform (Node.js, GraphQL, React.js)
- Manage of 1 or more teams of software engineers - between 5 and 10 people in total.
- Create a culture of ownership and technical excellence by leading through example.
- Empower engineers to develop their careers by providing ad-hoc applicable coaching.
- Help build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
- Contribute to projects by guiding architectural discussions, providing technical coaching to software engineers and occasionally getting hands-on with coding
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes to both monitor health and allow continuous improvement
- Provide technical guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Drive team efforts to establish bottom-up projects and roadmaps supporting our vision
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline, or equal industry experience
- Experience developing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with DevOps best practices like reliability fundamentals, CI / CD, Test Engineering, Observability
- Familiarity with Agile best practices for the full software development life cycle like coding standards, code reviews, version control in Git
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience working with cloud technologies like AWS, GoogleCloud, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Possibility to live and work in Amsterdam, named as the best city in the World for living a happy and healthy life
- Relocation support in case you will move to The Netherlands
- International and diverse company culture
- Possibility to innovate through multiple company programs (e.g. Hackathon, twice a year)
- Opportunity to work in an Agile, startup-like development environment
- Excellent support for personal development through online platforms
- Mentorship programs to accelerate skills growth
- Contribute to the company tech transformational journey toward a more modern tech stack
- Inclusive leadership, valuing the opinion of everyone independently of their career level
- Great compensation package
- Multiple perks that will make your life easier (e.g. discounts to local shops, discounted gym membership, etc.)
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Pre- Employment Screening :
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law.
Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.