Acurable (http://acurable.com) is a high growth MedTech start-up headquartered in London. We commercialise the first wearable medical device able to accurately diagnose and manage respiratory conditions in a non-invasive way. Our award-winning patented technology is a major engineering innovation and the product of 10 years research at Imperial College London.
- Accurate: 5x more accurate readings than current solutions, enabling automated diagnosis and drastically reducing misdiagnosis.
- Easy to use: non-invasive and no training required, enabling home use without the assistance of a specialist or a visit to the hospital, which significantly lowers overall costs.
We aim to understand human biosignals so well that nobody dies of a treatable condition. To achieve our objectives, we are building a team of exceptional people who are inspired by our vision, share our values, and who have the attitude and skills required to help Acurable succeed.
We are looking for a talented embedded software/firmware developer with deep understanding and knowledge of wireless data protocols (particularly BLE), experience of embedded system development and interfacing with mobile devices, strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to deliver high-quality, well-tested code.
What you will do
- Develop highly optimised software to control the operation and transmission of data from our innovative sensor.
- Contribute to the development of our Android and/or iOS applications, with a particular focus on integration with our innovative acoustic sensor.
- Define, document and implement comprehensive unit and functional tests for each one of the app components.
What you should bring to Acurable
- An excellent understanding of wireless communication using Bluetooth Low Energy.
- The ability to integrate wireless modules such as WiFi, BLE, GSM into hardware.
- Excellent embedded C programming abilities and proven experience in embedded systems design (preferably ARM Cortex M series processors).
- Experience of interfacing with external sensors and devices.
- Some experience in mobile app development, particularly in interfacing with wireless devices (iOS or Android).
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Creativity in finding solutions, good understanding of technology and a desire to learn new things.
We provide a fun and entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth business, where you can use your talent to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people.
This is a rare opportunity to build a truly global product from the ground up, and join early a fast growing team of exceptional engineers working on the latest technologies.
We offer a great work-life balance, very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, generous holiday allowance, regular social events… and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
Because there is nothing more thrilling than solving technological problems; and if you are a problem solver, in this job you will never get bored.
And most importantly: we make sure to only recruit very nice people, so if you are one of them, you will love working with us.
- Location: Based in the company headquarters in London.
- Team: Join a team of 4 embedded/software developers.
- Compensation: Competitive salary and stock options based on experience.
- Salary range: £30k-£60k
Apply till September 30th. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application - Embedded Software Developer position”, including an introduction about why you want to join our company, why you think you are the right candidate for the position, your salary expectations and current location.