Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used.
Driven by the vision of making space accessible to anyone, we provide simple and affordable space missions using nanosatellite technology. We went from design to delivery of our first nanosatellite qb01 in only four months, followed by its launch and deployment in LEO early April 2017.
The company is currently developing the next generation of satellites and end-to-end services for private and institutional customers to be launched in 2018. Based in the Harwell-Oxford Campus in the UK, we are a young and ambitious team with experience in the aerospace, electronics and software industries. To support our growth and make our vision a reality we are looking for the brightest minds and the best talents in every domain.
The following job opportunity is available:
Description of the position
The successful candidate will be joining Open Cosmos’ core team in Harwell-Oxford (UK) and will be in charge of designing, simulating, validating and testing electronic systems as part of Open Cosmos’ electronics team.
She/he will be involved in a fast design-test-iterate cycle that characterises Open Cosmos’ work.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, simulation, verification and validation of PCB schematics and layout
- Design power systems and high speed digital circuit design
- Execute design validation and assist with design qualification
- Work independently and under pressure
- Take initiative and work in a self-driven manner
- Embrace challenge and work outside of the comfort zone
- Commit to fulfill customer requirements and expectations
Skills, attitude, competencies and experience
- Experience on embedded software
- Over 5 years experience in high speed circuit design, validation and testing or equivalent experience
- Over 3 years experience in EMC analysis or equivalent experience
- Experience on high current circuit analysis, design, validating and testing
- Experience on designing multilayer PCBs
- Experience on designing, simulating, validating and testing analog circuits
- Quick to learn and teach
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, openness and self awareness
- lean / bootstrap mentality
Nice to have
- Experience with C, C++
Experience with Verilog/VHDL
Experience in RF
- Familiar with python and Linux shell scripting
Familiar with Altium Designer
- Space electronics design experience
- Experience on embedded software using DSP
- Agile methods experience (Agile, Scrum, …)
- Knowledge of languages other than English