Starting date: flexible
DEEP Ecosystems is a global community of startup ecosystem builders, dedicated to supporting grass-root innovation projects and fostering interconnectivity among startup ecosystems globally.
Our three main activities are:
- Community – organization of conference formats and online events to foster networking, peer learning and collaboration opportunities for ecosystem builders worldwide
- Data – the maintenance of the Startup Heatmap data platform and the tracking of ecosystem developments and innovation trends.
- Acceleration – various formats to support regional ecosystems in their growth trajectory, mainly the 6-week DEEP Startup Ecosystem Accelerator for Ecosystem Builders.
Our work has been recognized by long-standing partners like the Allianz Cultural Foundation, Atomico Ventures, Balderton Capital and some of the most dynamic municipalities around Europe (Barcelona, Stockholm, Vienna, Berlin and more). The results have been featured in international media like the New York Times, Politico, Venturebeat and many more.
- Partnership Outreach
- Identification of potential commercial and value-add partners for our various activities
- Relationship building with startup support organizations, local and regional economic agencies, foundations, local business and investor associations as well as corporate structures
- Preparation of adjusted communication material and partnership proposals based on templates provided
- Active outreach to leads and first interaction to identify potential match before introduction to senior staff
- Tracking of leads in CRM and follow-up management
- Partnership Delivery
- After the closing of partnerships based on written agreements, the Ecosystem partnership manager monitors and supports the implementation
- Communication of agreement content and deliverables to DEEP team
- Preparation of checklists and definition of deadlines for individual deliverables
- In alignment with DEEP senior staff, communication of results to partners and collection of feedback
- Preparation of communication material for external use, e.g. social media posts or press releases on partnerships and their results.
Duration of the Assignment:
- 50% position with 100 days / year
The ideal candidate brings the following qualities:
- Master degree in social science, economics or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a dynamic and fast turning environment
- Project management experience, preferably as team lead and in volunteer organizations
- Sales talent and business mindset to grow value-based partnerships
- Outgoing personality and intrinsic motivation to approach new contacts
- Ideally, experience living and working abroad for >1 year
- Passion for the startup world, technology and new business models
- Existing network of key players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Europe
- 100% Remote / Nomad and Family-friendly
- Occasional travel necessary
- Competitive base fee and dynamic component depending on revenue