We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Director of Causality and Blue Sky Research based in London to join the team working on our exciting machine learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
causaLens is pioneering a completely new approach to time-series prediction. Its Enterprise Platform is used to transform and optimise businesses that need accurate and robust predictions – including significant businesses in finance, IoT, energy and telecoms. Almost all current machine learning approaches, including AutoML solutions, severely overfit on time-series problems and therefore fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens was founded with the mission to devise Causal AI, which does not overfit, and so provides far more reliable and accurate predictions. The platform also includes capabilities such as autonomous data cleaning and searching, autonomous model discovery and end-to-end streaming productisation.
causaLens is on a mission to build truly intelligent machines that go beyond current machine learning approaches - a curve-fitting exercise. Devising Causal AI has allowed us to teach machines cause and effect for the first time - a major step towards true AI.
causaLens is run by scientists and engineers, the majority holding a PhD in a quantitative field. For more information visit www.causaLens.com or contact us on [email protected]. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
causaLens in the News
- Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘Auto ML Platform Draws Interest from Discretionary Funds’ - machineByte
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person with a strong technical background to lead our Causality and Blue Sky Research efforts. You work will include:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership and drive the agenda across the organisation.
- Lead and manage team of research data scientists to achieve research outcomes
- Coordinating the writing of academic papers, patents and grants
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a couple of interviews and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- Strong academic record (PhD or PostDoc)
- Previous experience leading research projects is a plus
- Advanced quantitative skills in machine learning/statistics/mathematics or similar fields
- Strong coding skills. Preferably in Python
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- High integrity and drive
- Naturally curious and effective problem solver
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment