We are ViriCiti; a young clean-tech company of 47 ambitious ViriCitizens who are working hard on the electric transition of commercial vehicles. We’re looking for an ambitious DevOps Engineer who wants to become a catalyst for change to improve the overall performance and quality of our platform. We have a large framework of interconnected microservices which we run on a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, managed by Kops. The DevOps community is fast-growing and fast-evolving and we like to evolve with it. Are you always looking to improve and to try out new software or techniques? Apply and join our team!
As DevOps Engineer you will work in a (organized) chaotic environment that requires you to stay focused and productive. You will be working with open source software, such as Kafka, NATS and Redis. You like to come up with new ways and best practices to increase the quality and maintainability of our infrastructure. You are responsible for a smooth implementation process without jeopardizing stability. You’re eager to improve existing programmable infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code) and good in working together with others in preventing bugs getting into our production environment. Your position is key in enabling the company to grow faster and you’re eager to grow with us!
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends and practices
- Automating deployment and scaling of infrastructure
- Managing our (ever growing) MongoDB cluster
- Setting up metrics for analysing resource usage
- Finding new approaches to solve scaling issues
- Maintaining the quality of our platform and development processes
What we offer you
- A lot of freedom
- Opportunity to learn and explore
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Fun working environment within a great team
- Discount on a gym subscription
- Daily varied team lunches
- Team weekends
- Foosball and ping pong competitions... and a ball pit
- An education in System & Network Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Good understanding of Linux, AWS, and Docker
- Knowledge of the following:
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Networking (ELB, VPC, OpenVPN)
- Monitoring (Prometheus)
- CI/CD (GitLab)
- NoSQL database (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- We expect you to be curious with a hands-on mentality
- Competences: problem solver, eye for detail, responsible, self-starter and a real team player
We started our adventure 6 years ago by building an efficient and scalable platform based on Node.js. Our platform provides data-insights that operators use to extend the range of their vehicles, eliminate emissions and optimize electric operations. Since then, we have grown into the market leader in the US and Europe and have landed large projects all around the globe! Our ambition is high but the atmosphere in our team is informal and relaxed.
Ready to start your adventure with us? Apply now!
The selection process may involve an assessment. More info? Email Heloise Hieber at [email protected] Note: Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation; EU candidates preferred.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!