We are eager to win another Data Scientist for our “Home, News and Recommendations” team focused on learning product features and KPI-driven process optimization. The challenge is twofold, firstly as part of a product DevOps team you will work on new features to increase ease-of-use and productivity of our huge customer base. Secondly, as an inhouse-consultant you will empower process owners to identify areas for improvement and making data-driven decisions.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Working closely with product management to identify and evaluate ‘learning’ product features that automatically adjust to users’ behavior
- Contribute to a product DevOps team responsible for user specific news and recommendations throughout all stages of the SDLC
- Building AA and AI subsystems to spot anomalies in our platform operations
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for product and process improvements, perform data quality assessments and strengthen our data analytics capabilities
- Extending company´s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Perform root-cause analysis and jointly develop process improvement recommendations, presenting results to all levels
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Math or other technical subject
- 3+ years of experience in working with large amounts of data, preferrably deriving insights from time series and graph data structures
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, NLP etc.
- Experience with common query languages like SQL, Hive, Pig and with data science toolkits, such as R, Python (NumPy, Pandas, SciKitLearn)
- Experience with NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase is a plus
- A true team player who likes to contribute and benefit of working with others
- Strong verbal&written communication skills in English, German is a plus