We value strong Data Scientist Interns who are agile enough to jump into most projects, collaborating with a variety of teams: engineering, product management, and senior stakeholders who rely on our data scientists to translate insights into actionable product improvements.
- Start date: April/May 2019
- Duration: 6 months (flexible)
- 40 hours per week
Mentorship, reviews and feedback: Managers serve as mentors throughout the internship period. Interns receive two performance check-ins with manager (at mid-point and at end of project) so that interns can receive feedback designed to foster growth and development.
What can I expect during my internship?
Sample projects that Data Science interns might work on are:
- Validate assumptions brought forward by the product team or other stakeholders using product data analysis
- Work and validate models for suggesting similar rooms/apartments based on the user's shown preferences and actions on other listings
- Development of supervised and unsupervised models for online risk mitigation.
- Research models using natural language processing to filter out bad actors on HousingAnywhere's platform
- Investigate models and features to improve the search ranking algorithm, for example by personalizing results based on the user’s inferred preferences.
Skills and Qualifications we look for in a Data Scientist Intern:
- Strong analytical fundamentals: Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree. Preferred field of study is statistics, math, economics, or related discipline.
- Tools: Experience using SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Product sense: Ability to connect your analysis to real world phenomena, always thinking about how insights from the data can be used to improve HousingAnywhere.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to distill and share complex technical concepts to a less technical audience.
- Language: Fluency in English as the main language you will use at work is English.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- Our team consists of over 80 people, with 20+ nationalities. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- The internship allowance is 650€ per month
- Please keep in mind that if you are not able to complete a full internship, we will only be able to offer your an unpaid internship, as we require a minimum of 6 months commitment.