Who are we?
The first solution of its kind, BlueOptima provides insight based on the world’s only objective software developer productivity metrics: Actual Coding Effort. It’s a breakthrough for software development.
BlueOptima's bespoke SaaS platform facilitates analysis of productivity, together with quality, in enterprise software development, in terms of individuals, teams, tasks, projects, divisions, and outsourced suppliers. Understanding variations in performance across an enterprise empowers managers to optimise efficiency. BlueOptima is proven to identify savings of up to 20% of software budgets.This successful product uptake has led to rapid expansion of the company and of the Data Analytics department.
Whom are we looking for?
We are seeking analytical individuals with expertise in both data analytics and technical consulting. You will join our rapidly growing Data Analytics team to provide self generated data based insights to clients, working closely with key stakeholders within client companies and in BlueOptima.
The role includes comprehensive training and development. You can expect to be doing a mix of client projects and ad hoc work, as well as working with our business development team as they deliver executive presentations to potential clients.
- Liaison between client technical team and BlueOptima development team
- Produce analytics reports based on BlueOptima Coding Effort data and explain the insight they reveal to senior managers to support decision-making
- Supporting product rollout with front end development
- Consult with clients on the underlying Coding Effort metrics and evangelise its use
- Develop additional applications for the BlueOptima product and data predominantly using Python/R and/or similar statistical tools
- Data Quality checks / Deep Dives
- Creating / maintaining BI dashboards
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- You will have experience in a consultancy/analytical function.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Data Analytics/Mathematical Degree or equivalent expertise in an analytical role.
- Strong people skills demonstrated through consultancy or similar experience, e.g. engaging with key stakeholders for client companies
- Python/R or similar programming experience
- Strong fundamentals in Statistical Analysis
- SQL scripting and Database administration
- Data Analysis & Data Visualisation (via Tableau, Qlikview, SAS BI or similar)
Experience in project management and designing processes to deliver successful outcomes
Basic understanding of Machine Learning algorithms
Your home office will be at BlueOptima’s London office and the role will require flexibility to temporarily relocate to BlueOptima’s client sites in the UK (mostly based in London).
Why work for us?
You will earn a competitive base salary as well as performance-based bonuses and client engagement based commissions. Formal and informal training is included and there may be opportunities for international travel to support our global client base.
BlueOptima is rapidly acquiring new clients and expanding into US and European markets, thus our Data Analytics team needs to grow to manage that demand. Joining the team at this stage means you will be part of the exciting journey in our high growth Technology startup, with an option to exponentially grow your career, a strong likelihood to manage future consultants/teams as well as contribute your own ideas to the development of the company.
Our recruitment process comprises of four stages to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV via https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/blueoptimacom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAAqB6MWMHQ-9Iy?trackingTag=euStartUps - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat.
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- The next step involves a work sample, which we allow you a maximum of 7 days to complete
- Providing the work sample is to a good standard, we will invite you to our London Head Office for the final interview, where you will meet your potential new manager.
Salary – 40K-45K + Commission
Visa Sponsorship – Available