KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centres and qualified local agents.
- Installation and start-up of new equipment or upgrade at customer site
- Customer service activities associated with updating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing highly complex equipment at customer sites
- Representing the company to the customer and assuming accountability for customer satisfaction with service
- Assuring the operational quality of system equipment
- Coordinates actions with customers to minimize downtime
- Preparation of field service report on customer support activity and providing documentation to other supporting functions on re-occurring problems
- Providing assistance to installation engineers in resolving problems
Essential soft and Technical skills:
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems in software and electronics, high vacuum, mechanical and electro-mechanical systems to address on-site customer problems
- Ability to read and work with engineering drawings, schematics and technical manuals
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relations and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team within a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Proficiency in MS office tools
- Available to travel (30%) as part of normal duties
- Available to extensive training in Europe/US/Asia
The position offers the opportunity to develop and use troubleshooting skills and experience on curative and preventive intervention. The candidate needs to be a hands-on type of person, aggressively interested in learning new things and keen on communicating with customers and internal engineering teams. The position is based in the Grenoble area - France.
We offer a competitive, family-friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer