Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Global Merchant Services delivers world-class service in making our merchants successful. This is achieved by building lasting relationships with key leaders in merchant organizations. We are currently seeking a Customer Success Manager to support merchants based in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. You will be the primary owner and serve as a trusted advisor to proactively drive adoption of new services and products, uncover roadblocks, and act as a merchant advocate with internal teams to build the best-in-class customer success function for Payments.
- Proactively review merchants' operating environments to deliver merchant education and best-practice sharing
- Collaborate with Sales and Technical teams to align and deliver an experience to making a merchant’s business successful in payments
- Perform period business reviews with C-Level executives, technical, and non-technical contacts, requiring your ability to adapt in your messaging delivery
- Develop Customer Success Plans with key merchant contacts with merchants to detail growth opportunities and optimization
- Develop and facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with internal stakeholders
- Drive merchant retention through ongoing relationship management and churn, mitigation/negotiation
- Leverage domain and merchant knowledge to effectively communicate how PayPal drives value to merchant (tailoring messaging to value-drivers relevant to the merchant and job title)
- Advocate and liaise with internal teams, including product, technical support, etc. to improve the merchant experience
- Deliver against non- revenue bearing opportunities
- Handover revenue-bearing opportunities to sales and provide support during the sales process of inorganic growth
- Provide reactive servicing for production outages, refund approvals, brand risk product escalations, charge-back adjudications, etc.
- Address compliance, risk, and regulatory concerns, field incoming reporting and reconciliation questions, and address questions and complete formal analyses on declines and interchange.
- Complete periodic underwriting review
- Conduct and manage co-marketing campaigns
- Minimum 3+ years of customer success or account servicing experience with complex, enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies, experience within payments a plus
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple customers, developing opportunities and exceeding new business targets
- Proven consultative sales abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization
- Success in a start-up experience and/or sales role a plus
- Expertise In servicing across all products, familiarity with the product portfolio, ability to ensure latest integrations, and translating product capabilities into key merchant drivers
- Fluent in the German and English
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.